Auto Top Off your thoughts????

I ordered from autotopoff.com on Monday after the relay switch in my old DIY died right before Christmas. I got the one with 2 sensors and it should be here within another day or so, so I’m excited. Manually topping off 2 or 3 times a day is NOT what this hobby is about - lol.

The dual float switch ATOs are best, little extra protection is always a good thing.

[quote=“Sneeyatch, post:21, topic:7780”]
I ordered from autotopoff.com on Monday after the relay switch in my old DIY died right before Christmas. I got the one with 2 sensors and it should be here within another day or so, so I’m excited. Manually topping off 2 or 3 times a day is NOT what this hobby is about - lol.[/quote]

When this comes in let me kno what you think

[quote=“billrob71, post:22, topic:7780”]
The dual float switch ATOs are best, little extra protection is always a good thing.[/quote]Totally agree and definitely the way I will go

The one that crapped out on me lasted for at least 6 years. It was a DIY fro Premium Aquatics and had dual sensors too. Wouldn’t have it any other way, once I get it going, I’ll let you all know how I like it.

Well, I got the ATO from autotopoff.com today although I haven’t hooked it up yet.

I must say I’m impressed - it came fully assembled and the wires are already sealed where they penetrate the float housings.

Packaging was pretty much thrown together and there are NO instructions, although it’s so simple, I don’t see the need for them. The only “work” you need to do is zip tie the floats to the brackets that are provided, mount the brackets and plug it all in.

Can’t wait to get it hooked up, I’m completely over this manual top-off situation.

Well I just installed my ATO from Avast Marine works (one of our sponsors). we have never had a ATO on any of our tanks in the past. yea I kno what were you thinking. but anyway Iv got to say i’m pretty impressed very easy to install and works like a charm so far. to be honest i’m really exited. now all we need to do is figure out a container of some sort for the ATO reservoir. all we have at the moment is a old salt bucket and that’s just not gonna do in the dinning room, but will do for now.
Thanks for everyone’s input

Post pics to the new year new start thread of everything. Congrats