Hello from up north!

in regards to the skimmer, if its working n not broken, dont fix it. its good to know that that skimmer is keeping up with that cuz i was thinking of upping to a msx 200 or 250 for my 75.

i used a mp40 n i liked my tunze 6055 pair better in my tank, they cost close to the same, and i liked having 2 output opposed to one.

who did that presentation at macna? i know steve tyree has done something like that before.

galaxy ballasts + radiums = godly :smiley:

well, i purchased the mp40 today for 200 plus shipping. an excellent price if it’s in good shape.

i don’t remember who was presenting that chart above…i was wondering around shooting pics of different things. come to think of it, this picture might not even be mine. it’s in my “macna” folder…but who’s camera it came from is a blur. i don’t recognize the file name. anyway, i fired up the 250 watter and put it over the tank and i seriously think it’s overkill.
i’m gonna stick with these coralife 150s and see what happens.

Hi Doug. I believe i have seen you at the last two ECA events and the MACNA. You grow really nice corals. Nice job of recycling the old cracked tank too! Its perfect for a coral farm. Im always jealous of those who can use a fine sand bed and it stays clean. every time i try one, it gets all slimed up and full of sulfides. shallow or DSB, makes no dif for me. i must be doing something wrong. but yours looks great.

Uhh… I think our next meeting would be on the 18th? but the site may change. the school may be closed due toholiday. Stay tuned. you can still make it.

well, the sand bed is new. it’s just starting to get the “new tank uglies”…it will take months before it looks like the video again. ;D

ok… i was having trouble with sps browning out and discovered that the PAR on those coralife clip ons was terrible, so i took a chance after seeing a local reefers tank in person) and purchased T-5’s.
i bought two 4’, eight lamp fixtures off of these guys:

they are hydrofarm T-5 HO fixtures, and they were quite affordable.
since the fixtures came with 6500k lamps, i went ahead and ordered some high end T-5 lamps through “coral cove” and swapped most of them out, trying to mimic erick’s bulb lineup.

i hung them from chains and i expected to hang them about 1.5’ off of the water surface so i could still enjoy top down viewing, however, the frag tank that hangs from the ceiling is in the way. they ended up being 8.5" off of the water surface.
i’m very happy with the results thus far. not too long ago i was complaining about people using certain bulbs to bring out color and after i sat down and though about it, all i have been trying to do all along is color these things up…so why not do everything i can to do so?

the transaction with the people at “plantlightinghydroponics” was good. i called them and double checked that these were indeed individual reflectors, and they are very nice and quite informative.
they shipped the same day and i got them 2 days later.

rocco helping out…

the lamps are a little mixed up at the moment…i’m still trying to arrange them to be optimal…

and the system, as of today…btw, the frag tank has a 250 watt halide over it in a reef optix 3 reflector, and you can see how dim it looks in comparison.

my top down viewing is basically screwed because the lamps reflect against the top down box and you can’t see squat except t-5 lamps.
i’ll have to think of another way…btw, check out how these corals glow-

Rocco is awesome, as is the tank. Do you still have the clip on’s? I am looking for one to use on a quasi-nano.

great looking corals. and rocco is a cutie too!!
is that lamp all on/all off?

it’s got 2 switches that power 4 lamps each, but only 1 cord. right now i’m only running 4 lamps. next week i’ll hit the corals with all 8. i’m not going to do any rewiring. i’m going to have all 16 lamps on 1 timer.

i’m selling the clip on halides, but i think they are all spoken for already. i’ll let you know.

…wha…you mean this slobber machine?