PLEASE HELP!! WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS STAR FISH??? *( and please read my reply)*

I find using this method the water temp in the container drops even though its in a cooler. I also drip acclimated but used a container that hung on the inside of my sump. It kept the temp stable.

[quote=“Porter, post:21, topic:1486”]
I find using this method the water temp in the container drops even though its in a cooler. I also drip acclimated but used a container that hung on the inside of my sump. It kept the temp stable.[/quote]

That’s the downside I find with dripping and I usually end up floating again before putting the animal in the tank, or with corals I try to drip fast enough that the temp doesn’t drop much. My ‘sump’ is a wet/dry and doesn’t have the room to put a container in to drip into, otherwise I think that would work perfectly Al, just have to put a rock or something in so it doesn’t float away!

Ellen that is pretty much the same method I use, except I go for a faster drip w/ non inverts.

[quote=“Porter, post:21, topic:1486”]
I find using this method the water temp in the container drops even though its in a cooler. I also drip acclimated but used a container that hung on the inside of my sump. It kept the temp stable.[/quote]

This is a problem if the temp is really cool in the house. One way to over come this is to keep the lid on the cooler and if you need to drip for longer than an hour a disposable heat pack taped to the lid will keep the temp up. My sump is too crowed to float a bag or I would do what you suggested.