RO/DI Unit Discussion

they’re only $30 Glen! >LOL

true but for the ocassional usage it would be nice. i would only want too check my well water versus filter. just a thought. think of it this way it would be available for those who would like it and in rentals it would be paid for and the club would own another rental.

[quote=“TimH07, post:17, topic:877”]
Nice! I’d like a reading but don’t really need to “borrow” it, just a 1 time shot here, maybe if anyone in the pike creek/hockessin area rents it i could get a reading and i’ll put a cup of coffee on? :)[/quote]

We were really hoping people wouldn’t be thinking about doing this. I mean come on the rental price is not going to brake the bank that much, and how do you think the club is going to be able to keep and buy this type of equipment? The rental fees will help maintain, replace, and purchase the equipment.

I have a hand held TDS the club can have for free. I will try to get to the next meeting to drop it off. Do I get tax deduction, lol

Just a note to clarify why we are setting the rental program up.
The membership has long requested a nice inventory and library of test equipment and reference books to help offset the huge expense for each individual of maintaining their own reefkeeping test equipment and reference library, especially when their need is not an everyday occurrence.
Although it would be a great benefit to our members to have test equipment available for free, it would limit what we could obtain, and then maintenance would certainly eat away at the club reserves. Same goes with sharing a rental item.
The rental fee is being kept reasonable to allow all our members access to a piece of equipment that they would otherwise not be able or likely to purchase or just plain don’t need to use more then once or twice a year.
The fees collected will be strictly earmarked for usage only to purchase, maintain or upgrade equipment for rent to our members and to also fund a reference library to allow members to borrow books for free (security deposit would apply though). This is the only way we can build up an inventory fairly rapidly to give the membership a real benefit that they can use now.
Once we reach the point of having a substantial inventory, older equipment or books can be auctioned off to the membership as a further benefit and allow DRC to acquire the latest and most technologically advanced equipment for our members use.

i get what you are saying, So there is going to be a reference book section too… and who is reefzig?

[quote=“Marchingbandjs, post:26, topic:877”]
and who is reefzig?[/quote]

Treasure for DRC.

in person though who is he

Marty

he is the one you gave the $10 to

The one that sells the raffle tickets ;D

Wish I had this thing last week to see how bad 16 month old T5s work. Still would like to borrow it though to see how well a single 150w MH bulb is lighting a 65g tank. I know the ends of my tank are pretty shaded, but fairly hard to tell exactly where the limits are. I’m more used to T5 where height is more of an issue then horizontal location from the bulb. Will be fun to play with and very useful.

Question. Should I stand in line 3 hours before the meeting to get to be first on the sign up sheet? Or are we going to play some sort of reef trivia game where the person with the most points gets to borrow it first? Or should I just sit real close to the front and race John to the sign up sheet?

we should do it alphabetically, starting in the middle.

if we have it by monday im pretty sure no one will be leaving the meeting with it except for Marty. If mutiple members qualify to rent it and want to be the first to rent then im sure we can come up with a way thats fair for everyone.

Bridal vail, Live Rock, Scissors… keep it reef related. :wink:

[quote=“Gordonious, post:35, topic:877”]
Bridal vail, Live Rock, Scissors… keep it reef related. :wink: [/quote]
that’s FUNNY!

The rental fee is being kept reasonable to allow all our members access to a piece of equipment that they would otherwise not be able or likely to purchase or just plain don’t need to use more then once or twice a year…this is my point on the TDS meter. i am glad that al has donated one for us to rent . i want to check my well water and filters once a year. ya they are only 30 bucks but a rental fee is LETS SAY $3. so i dont need to own something i would only use once a year, just rent.

We have decided to set the rental fee for the TDS meter at $35/day.

j/k ;D i think its very unlikely that we would charge rent at all for something that cheap, especially if it was donated. i dont see people lining up to rent a TDS meter.

example…was at fish bowl last night and this couple comes in…asking about thier water and rodi units. they are now looking to tesy thier water with tds to see what thier reading is. rental. bet it would surprise you how often it will go out.

[quote=“billrob71, post:27, topic:877”]

[quote=“Marchingbandjs, post:26, topic:877”]
and who is reefzig?[/quote]

Treasure for DRC.[/quote]

Yes Marty is a treasure but he moon lights as the treasurer