Skimmer problem i mentioned at last meeting

thats a good explanation for it, makes sense you dont want to stock your shop with 500 gallon tanks that will sit there. i guess my point in the question was alot of people dont look stuff up online and they just take what the lfs sells them. its a shot in the foot also for the fish store, i bought my tank from charlie at DPA because i wouldnt trust glass shipping, and as much as i like him i had to order my lights/skimmer online because he didnt carry them and if so i would have bought them there.

and yea sorry to go off topic. :BEER

Yes, recruiting lots of newbies to Salt water is a good thing. but as we all remember, that commitment to our first tank grows slowly. at first we just want a few simple things to grow and a few bright fish to swim around them and some rock.

From that simple beginning, the obsession grows. And also the quest for knowledge and understanding. Fortunately, there is an endless supply of challenges and thing to learn and do in this hobby. We never need worry about knowing it all. The Ocean is complex beyond our wildest dreams of comprehension.

It’s gonna take some time.

hahaa the newbie cycle or as i call it i went to from:

• Ahh heres a new fish tank we havent used
  • Where should we put it
  • ahh a saltwater book lets do saltwater
  • ahh it will be fish only and cheap
  • Ahh i want LR so lets get better lights to bring out the color
  • to i need a skimmer so i dont get algae
  • to i want some small corals only one or 2
  • to i want lots of corals
  • to i need better lights
  • to i wanna make 2 frag tanks
  • to i wanna buy as much coral as i can pay for
  • To now i want a bigger dt so i can have a sump and fit more coral
  • to now (thanks to macna today) lets try to split my anemone…

Its viscios cycle wanted to spend 100 bucks top… now i have blown 1500 in a few months…

That’s pretty much it. How it goes. But money not blown… Invested!!

My first 10 gallon tank was to try and keep my flounder bait, Killies alive thru the winter to next spring. Don;t even ask why…

Ok I’ll tell ou. because they were in a bucket of bay water under a tree in my back yard, in the middle of January, with an inch of ice on the water. So, I gave them a warmer home! on my kitchen sink counter in the ten gallon.

sh*t i’ve spent 3,000 dollars just setting up my tank >LOCO< >LOCO< :think) >LOL< :BEER

yes, im partof the 5000 grand of equipment in the closet club.

btw- remoras and seaclones are both on the same level. i hate em both!!!
ive had problems from both. my new BK tho :D:D