The ideal RO unit

[quote=“icy1155, post:37, topic:2239”]
Shawn, I think Al meant you would be warming the water in the tubing via conduction, which would also cool your aquarium. Kill 2 birds with 1 stone…[/quote]
Somebody gets me PBJ!

I was in a hurry so I did not convey myself clearly. Also I agree as I stated earlier that the benefit would be minimal.

[quote=“logans_daddy, post:40, topic:2239”]
on, the length vs pressure is one of the reasons why our water pressure varies so much from neighborhood to neighborhood. Physics again, but anything you can imagine on earth that you need to transport from point A to B needs will deplete energy in doing so. Water, just like electricy and data, loses energy as it is moved from source to destination due to resistance/friction. Also, just like other utilites, there is an infrastructure in place that compensates for this loss of energy(amplifiers, pumps, transformers, etc).

Back to the RODI, i dont personally know how significant the length of the tubing will affect the pressure, but it will. Ironically enough, AWI does suggest to put the tubing in a bucket of hot water, but there suggestion doesnt make sense. They dont even tell you to put in a heat source, the entire comment didnt make sense to me.

Check your PM![/quote]

Yes even the water company has pumping stations to boost pressure at regular intervals. Some houses close to the pumping station can get some serious pressure and water knocks. I live close to the pumping station and have a pressure regulator at the meter. I can dial up or down the pressure if needed. Warning to anyone who sees this post and has the regulator and decides to boost there water pressure; high water pressure can damage or even burst appliance, water heaters and other home goods. Do Not Play With unless you know what you are doing and have the equipment to test the pressure.

I would tend to say get a booster pump and call it done. The pump will only be on when making water so the power used to make water will be less then all the methods mentioned except coiling the line in the sump

[quote=“logans_daddy, post:40, topic:2239”]
They dont even tell you to put in a heat source, the entire comment didnt make sense to me.[/quote]

Makes sense to me. Room temp is a lot higher in my house, especially the fish room, then the temp of pure cold water coming out of the tap. It would have some impact, how much I don’t know, but it wouldn’t cost hardly anything(bucket free, tubing a couple of cents) and it wouldn’t use any electricity.

Got your PM, I will be ordering this weekend and will look into getting the extra parts needed for… stuff.