Using NSW

[quote=“Gordonious, post:60, topic:2442”]
I think we should use more then just extremely hard softies. If the experiment goes well and the tank did not include any acropora or montipora then you’ll likely have a lot of requests to run the experiment over again for another couple of months with them included. Including them will give more data. I have some green Montipora capricornis to donate to the experiment and might be able to come up with another species. [/quote]

I think that is a good idea.

Shawn, I’m sorry but…What? I have no idea what your talking about, but I am glad that we got the go ahead from you to do this or any other experiment, still looking for that ::rolls eyes:: smiley.

going to be a long year

^^^ lol…

He is saying, blantently.

Jon is still the president. Nothing that Shawn wants to do will be implemented till January at the earliest. Which is when he takes the presidency.

thus the REEFBuSters experiments will not commence till then. You can do what you want on your own, but the official setup and formulation (new word) of this experiment will not happen for a little bit…

is that correct?

is that correct?

kind of. my point was that this thread is in response to a very specific element of the club that has not been completly formalized yet, let alone implemented. in an effort to create a more active club and content-rich site over the next coming year, the club will be doing specific experiments that has been coined “REEFBUSTERS” in reference to the show Mythbusters. It will ideally generate content for both our meetings and our site as well as possibly getting the site some formal recognition from the reef community. The idea is to test to the best of our abilities and with as much scientific rigor as we can claims that are oftentimes controversial, conflicted, or unsubstantiated. This topic is a perfect example. Look how many people quickly say that local NSW wont work without actually having any substantial evidence that it can not. Sometimes it may just be a lot of effort to prove the obvious but who knows what will happen?

I’ve been avoiding this thread for a couple pages but now it’s time for me to lighten the mood! >LOL<

My favorite Mythbusters experiment. They manage to cut a car in half. Instantly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXEHCakHD4k

The funniest Mythbusters experiment. Do girls pass gas?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHcDP_Yew-g

Ok, I can understand all that and don’t care if we call this ‘Reefbusters’, but what does it matter if it happens this year or next?? Are suggesting that we stop doing do anything on the experiment until your president? Or if we do it that’s ‘ok’ but it’s not ‘reefbusters’? What needs to be implemented to make it ‘official reefbusters’ lol. I don’t care either way its like your trying to throw a monkey wrench in the works or something.

[quote=“IanH, post:66, topic:2442”]
Ok, I can understand all that and don’t care if we call this ‘Reefbusters’, but what does it matter if it happens this year or next?? Are suggesting that we stop doing do anything on the experiment until your president? Or if we do it that’s ‘ok’ but it’s not ‘reefbusters’? What needs to be implemented to make it ‘official reefbusters’ lol. I don’t care either way its like your trying to throw a monkey wrench in the works or something.[/quote]

Ian I don’t think that is what he is trying to do. He just wants us to wait on doing anything official with the reefbusters until we have worked out all the details. It will take a little time to get up and rolling, but for right now we can do some preliminary testing on our own. We can even run our own experiment if we want to foot the bill, but it won’t be club sanctioned.There is no monkey wrench being thrown in the experiment. If it is going to be club sanctioned we need to take the time and money to do it right, wouldn’t you agree?

im not sure how its possible that you got that from my response but im not surprised. no one needs my permission to do anything. however, if something is going to be done in the club’s name it will need to be approved by all officers. im not going to go back and forth with you as i have in the past. its not good for me or the club. i have no idea why you have the need to constantly turn things into something they are not. we are doing a lot right now to ensure this club has a good year. if you feel the need to constantly pick at me and pick things apart that im trying to do then that is your perogative. i will no longer interact with you on the boards and i would appreciate if you did the same for me. your more than welcome to participate at any capacity that you would like and if you want to do more related to this particular idea feel free to contact Ellen when things get going.

I've been avoiding this thread for a couple pages

and now im going to take a page from RCA’s book ;D

[quote=“Ento_Reefer, post:67, topic:2442”]

Ok, I can understand all that and don’t care if we call this ‘Reefbusters’, but what does it matter if it happens this year or next?? Are suggesting that we stop doing do anything on the experiment until your president? Or if we do it that’s ‘ok’ but it’s not ‘reefbusters’? What needs to be implemented to make it ‘official reefbusters’ lol. I don’t care either way its like your trying to throw a monkey wrench in the works or something.[/quote]

Ian I don’t think that is what he is trying to do. He just wants us to wait on doing anything official with the reefbusters until we have worked out all the details. It will take a little time to get up and rolling, but for right now we can do some preliminary testing on our own. We can even run our own experiment if we want to foot the bill, but it won’t be club sanctioned.There is no monkey wrench being thrown in the experiment. If it is going to be club sanctioned we need to take the time and money to do it right, wouldn’t you agree?[/quote]

I had no idea the club had any intentions of footing any bills, I assumed it was all donated time/equipment by everyone that wanted to be involved. I think that it’s great that the club would foot the bill for an experiment.

If I were down by the shore, I would glady collect water and run some experiments with my own test kits and equipment and glady share the information for all to see, not expecting anything from the club.

I don’t care much about the politics of it, I just want to do some experimenting.

[quote=“IanH, post:69, topic:2442”]

[quote=“Ento_Reefer, post:67, topic:2442”]

Ok, I can understand all that and don’t care if we call this ‘Reefbusters’, but what does it matter if it happens this year or next?? Are suggesting that we stop doing do anything on the experiment until your president? Or if we do it that’s ‘ok’ but it’s not ‘reefbusters’? What needs to be implemented to make it ‘official reefbusters’ lol. I don’t care either way its like your trying to throw a monkey wrench in the works or something.[/quote]

Ian I don’t think that is what he is trying to do. He just wants us to wait on doing anything official with the reefbusters until we have worked out all the details. It will take a little time to get up and rolling, but for right now we can do some preliminary testing on our own. We can even run our own experiment if we want to foot the bill, but it won’t be club sanctioned.There is no monkey wrench being thrown in the experiment. If it is going to be club sanctioned we need to take the time and money to do it right, wouldn’t you agree?[/quote]

I had no idea the club had any intentions of footing any bills, I assumed it was all donated time/equipment by everyone that wanted to be involved. I think that it’s great that the club would foot the bill for an experiment.

If I were down by the shore, I would glady collect water and run some experiments with my own test kits and equipment and glady share the information for all to see, not expecting anything from the club.

I don’t care much about the politics of it, I just want to do some experimenting.[/quote]

Well I think as much as possible donations will be made, but there will probably be other expenses involved. The main point being that it will be sanctioned by the club.

on a 2nd note- when this thing does get rolling, let me know what kind of materials r needed and/or help with set up or maintaining the tanks. im more than willing to lend a hand wherever necessary. i know i, for one, am excited about seeing how this turns out. i think i even have a shell for a 4’ light, we can retro some t-5 into and hang over all 3 (or 2, whichever we end up with) tanks.

you got pm fishguy

OK TO ANSWER THE QUESTION

. Do girls pass gas?

no THEY fluff…SO THEY CALL IT lOl

[quote=“martinfaimly, post:73, topic:2442”]

. Do girls pass gas?

no THEY fluff…SO THEY CALL IT lOl[/quote]

lOl lOl lOl lOl lOl lOl lOl lOl lOl

[quote=“billrob71, post:74, topic:2442”]

[quote=“martinfaimly, post:73, topic:2442”]

. Do girls pass gas?

no THEY fluff…SO THEY CALL IT lOl[/quote]

lOl lOl lOl lOl lOl lOl lOl lOl lOl[/quote]

ha my 6 year old daughter can clear a room in seconds with a foul odor, no such thing as girls dont stink, lean a lil bit closer and you see roses smell like poo oo oo