What temp. Do you maintain

Well I personally always reccomend multiple heaters underrated for the tank volume, this way if one heater sticks on it’s not powerful enough to cook the tank, or converesly if one heater dies the other will keep the tank closer to temp giving you a chance to catch the issue before a major die-off.

I personally set my temp at 77 allowing it to fluctuate up to 81-82 (84 before the lights automatically shut off). I’ve always figured that temperature flucuations make for a hardier system and make the animals more adapt at tolerating fluctuating temperature swings. Granted this is a somewhat debateable mindset as others prefer to keep a constant temp at all times.

I’ve just always figured if the animals are used to temps swinging 5,6,7 degrees a day if something goes catastophically wrong and my temp spikes the animals are already used to it and it won’t cause quite as much stress.

I use a controller to turn mine on and off and have it set for a high of 78.5 and a low of 77.5
At 80 fans come on at 81 lights go off and I get an email.
I will up the temp at the end of Spring rasing it 2º for summer.
I have become anal about temp after I lost everything to a stuck heater.

[quote=“Hudzon, post:42, topic:4762”]
I have become anal about temp after I lost everything to a stuck heater.[/quote]

Isn’t at all anal when you’ve lost the animals in your care. I can’t tell you how many I have lost in the past because of cheap heaters and thermostats. I now have about 10 Neptune thermometers in my basement, maybe more… lost count.