10/17/11 meeting

Hey everyone i’m a new member and could use a favor from everyone.
I finally completed my sump/fuge system and now could use some good macro algae to fill a large area. If you guys think to remember or have been meaning to cut back your over grown “bush” ::rofl:: , please bring it to the next meeting. Obviously, I will not be picky, but I was hoping for chaeto, gracillara, etc. I do appreciate it. Thanks guys.
-Ray

Did you ever figure out your chemistry issue?

To be honest, I started using RO water and knock on wood, my problems resolved. I am disappointed however in my corraline growth but that’s neither here nor there.
Thanks for asking

[quote=“RayFacci, post:1, topic:4721”]
I finally completed my sump/fuge system and now could use some good macro algae to fill a large area.[/quote]

You shouldn’t need much to start with, if everythings going right you’ll be giving it away in a month or two…

send me a pm on sunday or monday as a reminder, and i can bring you a baggie of chaeto.

[quote=“saltcreep, post:4, topic:4721”]
i can bring you a baggie of chaeto.[/quote]

Yeah because green leafy substances in baggies NEVER get a second look from the cop that pulls you over on the way. There’s a reason Ian stopped bringing Kalkwasser to the meetings.

[quote=“Cdangel0, post:5, topic:4721”]

[quote=“saltcreep, post:4, topic:4721”]
i can bring you a baggie of chaeto.[/quote]

Yeah because green leafy substances in baggies NEVER get a second look from the cop that pulls you over on the way. There’s a reason Ian stopped bringing Kalkwasser to the meetings.[/quote]

I’ll have to try that… :BEER… well, hopefully not…

“its macro algae officer” >LOCO<

Well i will def take what i can get, just please dont stash it in your ass to get to the meeting… Thanks everyone who has read and remembers.

[quote=“RayFacci, post:3, topic:4721”]
To be honest, I started using RO water and knock on wood, my problems resolved. I am disappointed however in my corraline growth but that’s neither here nor there.
Thanks for asking[/quote]

No worries, what about the calcium precipitation?

Hey everyone,

Two things. One, i’d also appreciate a little extra greenery if anyone wants to support a worthy cause. Two, does anyone know what tonight’s topic is about? I’ll be attending either way, but I was just curious. Thanks all!

[quote=“alexzobi, post:9, topic:4721”]
Hey everyone,

Two things. One, i’d also appreciate a little extra greenery if anyone wants to support a worthy cause. Two, does anyone know what tonight’s topic is about? I’ll be attending either way, but I was just curious. Thanks all![/quote]

Dr Mac from Pacific east will be talking with us, not sure of the top but last year was on aquaculture and video on some of the trips he has taken.

I think I heard some discussion of a clam talk, but I’m out of the loop so it could be something completely different. Regardless Mac knows his stuff and regardless of the topic I’m sure it will be educational for all.

I’m really hoping to make it today, swamped with work, but I’m actually in town today unlike the last two months. Will their be food at the meeting?

[quote=“Gordonious, post:11, topic:4721”]
Will their be food at the meeting? [/quote]

[move]NO SOUP FOR YOU MEETING SLACKER[/move]  ::rofl::

There will be pizza there tonight.

Just a reminder to everyone who has read this thread and has extra macro-please bring tonight for my tank. I will owe you a favor or 2. Thanks guys

[quote=“RayFacci, post:7, topic:4721”]
just please dont stash it in your (lolli-pop) to get to the meeting…[/quote]

too late, i stashed it last week so i wouldn’t forget it ::rofl::

Dr. Mac will be discussing clams (at least that’s what I was told he will be talking about) but like Jon said, regardless of what he’s discussing it will be fun and educational.

Yes Jon dinner is being served.

I’m sure everyone with macro will be happy to bring some for those that need it.

[quote=“alexzobi, post:9, topic:4721”]
Hey everyone,

Two things. One, i’d also appreciate a little extra greenery if anyone wants to support a worthy cause. Two, does anyone know what tonight’s topic is about? I’ll be attending either way, but I was just curious. Thanks all![/quote]

[quote=“RayFacci, post:1, topic:4721”]
I finally completed my sump/fuge system and now could use some good macro algae to fill a large area. If you guys think to remember or have been meaning to cut back your over grown “bush” ::rofl:: , please bring it to the next meeting. Obviously, I will not be picky, but I was hoping for chaeto, gracillara, etc. I do appreciate it. Thanks guys.
-Ray[/quote]

I’ve got two bagged up for these guys…

John, thanks for the hook up on that baggie… It was a fat bag with no stems, you got some high quality stuff… hahaha
Thanks again see u next month

[quote=“RayFacci, post:17, topic:4721”]
John, thanks for the hook up on that baggie… It was a fat bag with no stems, you got some high quality stuff… hahaha
Thanks again see u next month[/quote]

::rofl:: … ::thumbsup::