8000K?

Anyone ever use this spectrum? I had one on my tank accidentally, and my soft corals REALLY grew. It’s really pink light, not the best to look at, but I know some of yous guys have the frag tanks, might be something to consider.

Just curious if anyone had any experience with it.

JoE

I have one 6.5K over our 90g. I like the looks of it in addition to the other 5 bulbs, but those on their own would be way to pink for me. Supposedly, the closer to natural sunlight you use (~5.5K) the more growth you will get out of corals.

I used 6500 for a while but didn’t care for the color. People do swear by it for coral growth

Thanks for the info, Joe. I am looking to set up a 55 gallon frag tank with 2 150 mh’s. I’ll probably get a bulb like this for and a 20k or 14k.

[quote=“ravensfan531, post:4, topic:1064”]
Thanks for the info, Joe. I am looking to set up a 55 gallon frag tank with 2 150 mh’s. I’ll probably get a bulb like this for and a 20k or 14k.[/quote]

One side for growth, one for coloration? Although, if you are looking to set up a frag tank I personally would look shallower than a 55g. If you use a much shallower tank (8-10") you can use VHO lights and get the same PAR as you would MH with a much lower electric (and parts) bill.

What Icy said…
But go T5 for an even lower electric bill and deeper penetration

The only reason I said VHO over T5 was inital set-up costs should be lower with VHO and if the tank is shallow it should be plenty of light.

Tanks, I’ll take that into consideration.