Alyssa's Seahorses and 250 Gallon Display!

We have Alyssa’s Captive Bred Erectus Seahorses available on our website and in-store now!

More information on recommended care of our seahorses coming soon. If you want more information now send me an email at alyssa@pacificeastaquaculture.com and I will be happy to provide you with info.

http://www.pacificeastaquaculture.com/Alyssas-Seahorses-Prodlist.html

Here are some photos of Alyssa and Kyle’s seahorses and setup!

Alyssa and Kyle’s 250 gallon Marineland Deep Dimension Seahorse and reef display. Lots of Gorgonians, Sponges, Leathers, some LPS corals and more! We have both Reidi and Erectus Seahorses in this aquarium. Usually we have around two dozen Seahorses in this display. We have separate systems that we use for fry and juveniles. We also have separate systems for breeding pairs. Most of the Seahorses in our display are Seahorses that we are not focusing on breeding at the moment. We switch them out to give some a break and to selective breed.

Some photos of fry and juveniles!

Click below to see photos of some of the seahorses we have available now!

Hey, will you guys be open Saturday May 23rd? I think there’s a holiday weekend sometime around there…

Hello,

Yes we will be open that weekend. Our hours are Monday-Saturday 11-5. We hope to see you soon!

-Alyssa

WOW!

Yous guys are breeding Sea Horses! That’s Outstanding!

I like your simple anchor system of tie wraps for the Little Guys to wrap their tails around and hold on.

How many breeders do you have?

[quote=“kaptken, post:4, topic:8127”]
WOW!

Yous guys are breeding Sea Horses! That’s Outstanding!

I like your simple anchor system of tie wraps for the Little Guys to wrap their tails around and hold on.

How many breeders do you have?[/quote]

Thank you! We have around 40 seahorses that are our broodstock and we are always seeking out more so we have plenty of genetic diversity in our broodstock. We do not breed all of them at the same time. We usually have 3 to 8 pairs breeding at a given time. When they are consistently breeding each pair has fry every 14-20 days and they have anywhere from 100-600+ fry at a time so we do not need all of them breeding at once.

Thank you for the reply and let me know if you have any questions. If you are close by, stop by our shop and check out the seahorses we have available. We are expecting some large coral shipments in the next few weeks as well.

-Alyssa

Beautiful display! Where is it? Did you re-do one of your displays or did you add another tank?

[quote=“bnelson, post:6, topic:8127”]
Beautiful display! Where is it? Did you re-do one of your displays or did you add another tank?[/quote]

Thank you! It is my personal aquarium. It is in our living room. Who needs a TV when you have a bunch of beautiful seahorses and corals to keep you entertained;)? We breed the seahorses at our house as the broodstock, fry and juveniles require more round the clock attention and care. Once our seahorses are old enough and ready to be sold I move them to Pacific East Aquaculture in a seahorse only system until they go to their new homes. Let me know if you have any questions about anything.

-Alyssa

Here is a sneak peek of our Reidi x Erectus Hybrid Seahorse fry. This brood is four weeks old now and should be ready to go to new homes late summer. We are currently feeding them live adult brine shrimp and baby brine shrimp. You can see the adult brine shrimp in the video to give you an idea of their size right now. Most them are over an inch and they are growing quickly. These guys are super cute and we are very excited to for them to color up and for their markings to start coming in when they get bigger.

Photo of a Reidi x Erectus Hybrid at 1 day old.

The father of this brood

One of our new broodstock systems for breeding pairs. Three 37 Gallon aquariums and a 20 gallon sump on each system.

We are almost sold out of our current brood of Erectus seahorses, only a small handful left.