amino acids

Anybody using a product with amino acids in it?

If so, have you seen any results?

Hi John,

I have used Acropower. I used it regulary for several months and it did increase polyp exstension and color and overall growth. I even saw accelerated growth in my zoas. Before using it I had no problmes with any nuisance algae once I started using it hair algae and cyano algae started growing. I stopped using it and got the algae under control. I was using it daily dividing the weekly dose by 7. During the summer among vacations and general lack of care the tank suffered and I lost some sps and others lost color. For the last month and a half I have gone back to using acropwer and doing more regular water changes. The corals have responded and color and polyp exstenison are increasing. This time I am using it weekly and only dosing about 3/4 the recomended dose. I get a algae film on the glass 1-2 days after use and have some cyano and hair algae but have been take measures to control it.

Patrick

I use bright well amino’s and it works great. You will see polyp ext with in the first few days of using.

In order to get the best results :
Turn off the carbon reactor when dosing for 1h
only dose 3 times a week (you will have a higher chance of overdosing and having phosphate issues)
Dose in a high flow area
Does not matter when you dose morning or night.

For those of you who bought corals off of me, when you get the corals they always have pe in the bags this is because I done the aminos 2 days before and since we do not run carbon or gfo OR FILTER SOCKS >LOCO< the aminos are not getting pulled out of the system.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Also another GREAT product to use “I have used Acropower” ::thumbsup::

[quote=“Patrickreef, post:2, topic:7788”]
Hi John,

I have used Acropower. I used it regulary for several months and it did increase polyp exstension and color and overall growth. I even saw accelerated growth in my zoas. Before using it I had no problmes with any nuisance algae once I started using it hair algae and cyano algae started growing. I stopped using it and got the algae under control. I was using it daily dividing the weekly dose by 7. During the summer among vacations and general lack of care the tank suffered and I lost some sps and others lost color. For the last month and a half I have gone back to using acropwer and doing more regular water changes. The corals have responded and color and polyp exstenison are increasing. This time I am using it weekly and only dosing about 3/4 the recomended dose. I get a algae film on the glass 1-2 days after use and have some cyano and hair algae but have been take measures to control it.

Patrick[/quote]

Thanks Patrick and AJ

I have read some good results can be aquired using Acropower, but also like Patrick said, some people have experienced algae problems.
I don’t ever want to have hair algae problems again.

If used in smaller doses, can PE still be achieved without the algae probs?

I’ve been using the Aquavitro stuff, Fuel I think it’s called, can’t remember off the top of my head. Good stuff IMO - gives colors a nice, deep, richer color. PE is always good.I haven’t dosed it for about a month or more though.

If used in smaller doses, can PE still be achieved without the algae probs?

Yes,

You will have problems with over dosing. That why when I said to 3 times a week it will limit the problems and give the system time to break down the aminos. I learned the hard way in this hobby everything has to be done slow. You have a amazing tank and slow is the best bet. You will get the pe and avoid the algae problem with dosing in moderation. YahoO

I just received my bottle of Acropower but am concerned, because when it arrived the entire bottle was frozen solid. Just want to know if this will have any effect on the contents.
I sent an email message to Marine Depot and ask if it will be a problem.