Anemone trouble

I put a bubbletip anemone in my tank about 2 weeks ago. It looked like it was going to attach where I put it, but the next morning it was nowhere to be found. Maybe 4 or 5 days later, it popped up. Bottom of the tank in the middle of my rockwork (just barely peeking out). I changed my powerheads around a few days later and it disappeared again. Hasnt been seen since. Can anyone share a similar experiance and the end result with me? Also, should i be worried about it dying without being exposed to the light and food?

I have had bubble tips off an on over the years. They tend to wander until they find the spot they like (flow, light, whenever they get comfortable)
I wouldn’t worry about it too much, they will go to a place where the light is just right. You really don’t need to feed them in my experience, I never deliberately feed mine. And they are fine.
Every couple months or so one will split, it really depends on their environment.
I have one currently taking up residence next to my clam. The clam doesn’t seem to mind.
On the other hand on the other side of the tank one stung and killed an Acropora frag. That is the risk you take when having anemones of any kind really.
Good luck, they are pretty easy to keep happy in my opinion, just a bit unnerving as they wander

2 Likes

2 Likes