anybody know anything about this site?

aquaspot.net
their address is aquaticaonline
curious, since they seem to have decent prices
$50 for a 25 head acan

Honestly never heard of them. Sad as it is there have been a decent number of sites out there that have collected large sums of money and never shipped. Do some searching around on Google for some reviews might build confidence a little bit. Sorry I’m not much help.

no prob jon. i wrote them, but no reply so far.

Just from my experience… .net sites usually don’t do much selling. Usually most of your stores, and places that sell items have a .com ending :slight_smile: (could have no relevance, but just a thought)

[quote=“Jcling, post:4, topic:1862”]
Just from my experience… .net sites usually don’t do much selling. Usually most of your stores, and places that sell items have a .com ending :slight_smile: (could have no relevance, but just a thought)[/quote]
yeah, i did notice that and wondered

After a bit of looking around, I noticed that this site looks very similar to aquaspot.net . Same contact number on their shipping page, and even says:

IF THERE IS ANY PROBLEMS OR LOSSES WITH YOUR PURCHASE, AQUASPOT.NET MUST BE CONTACTED IMMEDIATELY UPON RECEIPT OF THE PURCHASE. 1-877-224-1515

coralenvy.com is registered through GoDaddy to: AQUATICA INC.
aquaspot.net is registered through GoDaddy to: Shawn Barton

Crossing those two data points led to this Utah Reefs page that lists:

Aquatica (801) 224-1515 Shawn Barton Orem 537 N 1200 W www.aquaticaonline.net
as a LFS in their area who sponsors Wasatch Marine Aquarium Society (WMAS). (Yet another domain name.)

Not sure what you can do with this info, but at least you now know you’d be buying from a LFS in Orem, Utah.

HTH

[quote=“ronert, post:6, topic:1862”]
After a bit of looking around, I noticed that this site looks very similar to aquaspot.net . Same contact number on their shipping page, and even says:

IF THERE IS ANY PROBLEMS OR LOSSES WITH YOUR PURCHASE, AQUASPOT.NET MUST BE CONTACTED IMMEDIATELY UPON RECEIPT OF THE PURCHASE. 1-877-224-1515

coralenvy.com is registered through GoDaddy to: AQUATICA INC.
aquaspot.net is registered through GoDaddy to: Shawn Barton

Crossing those two data points led to this Utah Reefs page that lists:

Aquatica (801) 224-1515 Shawn Barton Orem 537 N 1200 W www.aquaticaonline.net
as a LFS in their area who sponsors Wasatch Marine Aquarium Society (WMAS). (Yet another domain name.)

Not sure what you can do with this info, but at least you now know you’d be buying from a LFS in Orem, Utah.

HTH[/quote]
THAT is some serious detective work. amazing, sherlock. coral envy has NOthing for sale. the sites are remarkably similar in their wording. and i have no reply from the other in my email, so it’s a failed attempt at communication.

you might want to look into ebay. a LOT of reputable online vendors are now moving corals through ebay with prices that often times end for a lot less than their store prices. there is also at least one transshipper on ebay as well. i picked up several tyree frags for about 1/3 the going prices as well as some really nice LPS including a 10+ head prism/dragons soul favia for only $16!

shawn,
ive gotten a lot of acans and 3 clams from ebay people. early on i got some beginner corals, but they weren’t much to speak of price wise or quality. recently, tho, things have improved, imo.

[quote=“moliken, post:7, topic:1862”]
THAT is some serious detective work. amazing, sherlock.[/quote]

Not really. Took longer to type the post than find the info. Knowing where to look helps a bit, though.

[quote=“ronert, post:10, topic:1862”]

Not really. Took longer to type the post than find the info. Knowing where to look helps a bit, though.[/quote]

See Idda just took the compliment and acted like it was hard work… :smiley:

[quote=“IanH, post:11, topic:1862”]

[quote=“ronert, post:10, topic:1862”]

Not really. Took longer to type the post than find the info. Knowing where to look helps a bit, though.[/quote]

See Idda just took the compliment and acted like it was hard work… :D[/quote]

We know you would have. But Ted answering the way he did was akin to saying “I’m smart enough I don’t have to work hard” - you’re reply on the other hand…

lOl lOl lOl

[quote=“Cdangel0, post:12, topic:1862”]
But Ted answering the way he did was akin to saying “I’m smart enough I don’t have to work hard”[/quote]

Not entirely sure I meant that … I work very hard at trying to never work hard … :stuck_out_tongue:

it’s all good. the site is a farce. thanks and also for ian’s HJack