Anyone a Plumber?

Is anyone here a plumber? I have a question about properly attaching the drain from my acid neutralizer to my house sewage line.

Whats the question? I might be able to help

I am plumbing in an acid neutralizer in my basement. It will be situated just below the 3" sewage line going out to my septic system. I don’t have a vented drain anywhere in my basement I could just run the drain from the neutralizer to so I’m trying to figure out how to tie into the sewage line properly. I’d like to avoid running a vent to the outside, but short of using an AAV I don’t know another way to connect this up with an air gap so I don’t risk getting a siphon back.

All you need to do is cut into the sewer line and build a pvc trap and connect the waste line to that trap, therefore it wont vent back

That will prevent the gases from going back, but I’m worried about pulling a siphon. The neutralizer control valve is about 3’ under the sewage line.

Check valve, or can you raise the contol?

I thought about a check valve too. It’s a 1/2" flex line and those small valves are really crappy. I can’t easily raise the control without building a stand to raise the tank by several feet and it is several hundred pounds.

You were right Jason. Just had a plumber come to attach into the sewage line. Basically you can do a trap coming off of the vertical section with a long pipe coming off of it. It looks like a washing machine standpipe. The space where the water enters at the top of the pipe to the top of the trap is the air gap. $200 later and I learned something new :slight_smile:

What good is a thread without pictures?