Banggai Cardinal Fish eggs?

Came home last night from a few days away. I noticed one of my Banggai was larger than usual. I have noticed this a couple of times before but did not know why. Today, looking at him/her I saw what looked like milky white bbs in his/her mouth. I have been watching him/her move them around and reshuffle them in His/ her mouth. I’m going to assume these are eggs? A couple questions, if so which fish is the female. This one with the eggs in the mouth has been the larger of the 2 fish. Got some pictures attached. I will try a video later

The male will hold them in his moith untill they are ready to hatch!

I came home after the xmas party and found my clowns laid a big batch of eggs right after we were talking about it

Cool! You can raise them but you need a dedicated setup to do so.

How do you raise them? How to get eggs out? Guess I need to do some reading up. This would be something neat to try.

What a banner night. Just noticed my yellow stripped maroon clown fish finally laid eggs as well. I go away for 2 days and everyone in the house is getting lucky.

Ha! When the cat is away…

Good to hear! I have a pair of cardinals as well. I haven’t been able to raise the babies for a few years. You will need to catch the male (he keeps the eggs in his mouth) after the babies hatch. They release a few at a time at night after they have hatched for a few days. If you do get any babies I would keep them in a breeder net in the main tank. You will need to hatch live baby brine shrimp (artimea) every day as the fry will only eat live food until they get a few weeks old. It’s very fun and rewarding if you can do it. The hardest part is getting the babies separate from the parents. Keep us posted and feel free to ask questions.

Thats my plan, IF I CAN CATCH HIM. thanks