Beautiful weather and your fish tank...

I know it influences mine…a bit…but I haven’t kept a tank over the summer months yet…we’ll see how it goes! BoNg

I’m still as interested but I am usually busier when the weather is better…

I put “Definatly!”, but I think there is a glitch in the logic in your Poll. I’m the opposite. During the winter I have always been busier working or going to school and don’t have as much time for my tank as I do in the summer. Winter weather is also depressing and it is just the case that it slows many humans down. I tend to spend more time in the winter researching animals and getting into a good reef book and less time actually scrubbing algae and doing water changes.

In the summer I seem to get energy from the sun.(I can photosynthesize to! jk) I just seem to have more energy to work on my tanks in the summer time. Many of my big projects seem to get done during the summer.

It is a fact though that people spend less money on their tanks in the summer time. Many companies see a slow down in the winter months with reef tank related merchandise. Hopefully this summer in combination with the recession doesn’t destroy smaller companies like LFS and start up companies making the best equipment. It is a shame because the best companies in the hobby are the small ones and they may not be able to hold out as long… Time will tell.

How busy I am at work influences the amount of time I have to spend on my tanks more than weather.

[quote=“Gordonious, post:3, topic:1602”]
In the summer I seem to get energy from the sun.(I can photosynthesize to! jk) I just seem to have more energy to work on my tanks in the summer time. Many of my big projects seem to get done during the summer. [/quote]

I’m exactly the same way, I feel like I’ve got so much more energy in the beautiful sunlight, maybe theres a little zooxanthele in all of us?!?

[quote=“Ento_Reefer, post:4, topic:1602”]
How busy I am at work influences the amount of time I have to spend on my tanks more than weather.[/quote]

Yea, I hear ya…I just try not to work as much as possible!

in the summer between camping, fishing, skiing and tubing, kids, work, and going to beach surf fishing i have to find time for tanks…

[quote=“martinfaimly, post:6, topic:1602”]
in the summer between camping, fishing, skiing and tubing, kids, work, and going to beach surf fishing i have to find time for tanks…[/quote]

Since my kids are grown I find I have more time to spend on my hobbies ;D

I would never have had time to keep a tank full of sps corals when my kids were small. I had much simpler tanks set up then.

Not so much the nicer weather than running out of funding and needing to finish writing my thesis.

Uhhhh??? My thesis is on how to spend all my time going broke on algae infested cubes of elevated salty water…

I think i got it down to a science now…

[quote=“kaptken, post:9, topic:1602”]
Uhhhh??? My thesis is on how to spend all my time going broke on algae infested cubes of elevated salty water…

I think i got it down to a science now…[/quote]

Lol, very true this tanks are time suckers

Time suckers, true
$$$ suckers defiantly

I find that after working all day, rushing home to one kids soccer practice, then right over to the other kids baseball game, then to the gym for myself at night that I really apreciate the time I can spend just sitting in front of my tank more. I don’t even mind the cleaning and water changes as much.

If its nice weather out, then I want to be outside, therefore the tank doesn’t get looked at, only feedings/top off water. Last summer, when I moved to the beach, I just broke down my reef and setup a small cube/frag tank, no fish. Came back every couple of weeks to add top off water and some reef additives. Surprisngly the corals grew very well.

… Yours sounds so much more interesting than mine…

Using Dredge Calibration to increase accuracy Eastern Oyster (Crassostrea virginica) surveys.

[quote=“icy1155, post:14, topic:1602”]

… Yours sounds so much more interesting than mine…

Using Dredge Calibration to increase accuracy Eastern Oyster (Crassostrea virginica) surveys.[/quote]
holy sheeeet, icy, really? Dredge? how can your heart take the excetement?

I don’t know, being outdoors and playing in the mud sounds like a whole lot of fun. Do you go noodling in the mud for fish and mollusk? or just rake em up?