Chaeto

Anyone have extra chaeto they want to sell or give me. i think i need to start mine over from fresh. it looks like mine has been overtaken by GHA. i pulled my chaeto box out last night and dumped it, and what was growing didn’t feel or look like what i started out with. very fine hair, not thick and wirey like chaeto is typically. i put it back in just to keep nutrient export going, but i think a restart is in order. also, the smell was pretty heavy towards the rotten ocean side of things, rather than a fresh ocean smell. any ideas?

does it have room to tumble or get flow all the way through it?
if it gets spots that don’t get flow it will rot away.

Water is definitely flowing through it. i pulled it again to check and i’m positive is all GHA in it now. so the question is do i dump it and run my system without until i can get a fresh batch, or leave it in and wait till i can swap it out.

Where are you located? I have some

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seaford, had some issues with my sump last week so i have to rethink/rework how i will be able to run chaeto in my system now. so chaeto is on hold for the time being unfortunately.

[quote=“aquamom, post:4, topic:9051”]
Where are you located? I have some

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]I could use some…id gladly pay for it. I’m in North wilmington…are u close by?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk