Christmas fun......not!!!

[quote=“beadlocked450r, post:16, topic:8424”]
Merry xmas mom and dad (dad)[/quote]

If I can fix this thing for under $20 like Frank said then it will be a Merry Christmas!!

Mine did the same thing, the kit with the kit to fix it was 16 bucks including shipping and took about 20 minutes to fix

well it would be the power supply board not the mainboard, the parts can be hand from

Need to open the tv and match the parts, as your model is not listed but the parts are still the same just need to find the kit that matches.
Or you could email them as ask them for a power supply repair kit for your model.

Thanks Frank!!! I will have Jeremy on it tonight when he gets home!

Ugh! That sucks a lot. Do you have a surge protector in there?

[quote=“icecool2, post:25, topic:8424”]
Ugh! That sucks a lot. Do you have a surge protector in there?[/quote]

No Adam we didnt. Never thought to put a surge protector on a tv but we will now!!!

that’s a good possibility too. with all the extra holiday loads on the grid, they do some heavy switching, and sometimes power surges when they flip the breakers in the switch yard. last month a little power surge flicker on my house power blew out a ballast on my T5 light bar. just went POP! and they are on a couple of in series power strips with surge protection. the weakest link blows.

I don’t have one on mine either. I think I need to change that ASAP. Vizio is running a great sale on 4K TVs right now. Might be worth checking out.

well the capacitor issue on Plasma and LCD TV is a long ongoing issue
surges are not the problem the biggest hit is sudden loss of power.

Best thing you can do if you want to protect them is put them in a UPS

or the new version

[quote=“icecool2, post:28, topic:8424”]
I don’t have one on mine either. I think I need to change that ASAP. Vizio is running a great sale on 4K TVs right now. Might be worth checking out.[/quote]

Yeah, learn from my experience and get that surge protector!

[quote=“Hudzon, post:29, topic:8424”]
well the capacitor issue on Plasma and LCD TV is a long ongoing issue
surges are not the problem the biggest hit is sudden loss of power.

Best thing you can do if you want to protect them is put them in a UPS

or the new version

Wow those sure are not cheap!!!