clean and polypy gorgonian one day later

i took a small pail and lightly toothbrushed him. man are we both happy.

but if he really needs dark, as everyone sez, i am unsure how to deal w/ him.
he is too tall for my sump, i have no cave or covered area with any flow in it, so what do i do? any interest from a member who might have some frags to trade? he cost me $15.

I don’t think the gorgonian cares light versus dark, only in the dark he would be less likely to get HA. Looks like it came off pretty darn good, maybe you can leave him where he is and fix your overall HA problem?

Well, it doesnt “need” dark, it just doesnt “need” light like most corals we keep. It can live in the light, but the problem is that some algaes may infest it as you have seen. Once the tank matures a little that shouldnt be a problem, but for the time being do you have any overhangs or anything that could partially shade it? It couldn’t hurt to have some of it shaded, even if it isn’t the whole coral.

i have some overhangs that will shade him and would love to give u what u paid for it paul. if u do decide to move him out, let me know. how r u feeding it?

‘i have some overhangs that will shade him and would love to give u what u paid for it paul. if u do decide to move him out, let me know. how r u feeding it?’
consider it done. yay!!! i hate to let him go, but i hate more to cause harm , which i will surely do in the long run. feeding marine snow, kent’s phytoplex and a homemade mixed phytoblend i got on the internet twice a week.
how ya wanna work it? i’m open to bagging and taking to you and seeing his new home or you’re welcome to come up here. always need a more experienced eye on my tank than i can give it.

i wont be free until saturday. either way is good for me, or i can meet u at “the bowl” whatever is easier. i am doing some reconstruction friday, so i would like to wait until sat anyhow…

definately looks better minus the green GolfC

we hates green!
most likely saturday will work for me too. play it that way for now. i could go bowling, fishbowling, maybe apply the $$ to something there. let’s pm thurs or sompin