Clownfish Hosting?

does anyone have any expierience of when a clownfish picks a coral to host? Does he linger around the coral for a little while before deciding? also does it effect the corals health?

just my observing. my smallest of 5 is always the first to try out something new. anthelia, chased out, xenia chased out, now in a duncan. he tested each one by snuggling in slowly, espec’lly the duncan very slowly.

[quote=“moliken, post:2, topic:1901”]
just my observing. my smallest of 5 is always the first to try out something new. anthelia, chased out, xenia chased out, now in a duncan. he tested each one by snuggling in slowly, espec’lly the duncan very slowly.[/quote]

what do you mean they chased him out?

yea, he keeps cuddling with my cespitularia…

[quote=“michaelangelo, post:3, topic:1901”]

[quote=“moliken, post:2, topic:1901”]
just my observing. my smallest of 5 is always the first to try out something new. anthelia, chased out, xenia chased out, now in a duncan. he tested each one by snuggling in slowly, espec’lly the duncan very slowly.[/quote]

what do you mean they chased him out?

y[/quote]
i mean exactly that. bigger ones took over both the anth and the x and live there now.

o i thought you meant the coral chased it out lol. yea hes officially obsessed with the coral now… 2 -4 months hell be out of the tank anyway

Mine just started to try hosting my lobed leather >LOCO<