Cool Youtube Clip

hey Glenn -

There’s a 75 tank and stand just went on the FS board for a decent price.

they guy from DVRC wants to keep his tank…sorry guys, ill keep my eye our for you.

Thats ok. Just thought that would be a sweet frag system. :slight_smile:

Icy - I just bought a brand new acrylic 1/2 29 tank. Its 30" X 12" and only 6.5" tall. Its what i will be using to setup my new fragtank. It was only $70 ship brand new.

I’m looking for something that is 48" so that I can use shop lights to light it (save ALOT on wasted light). While the shop lights arent ideal, if the coral is only 2" below the water it doesnt matter what kind of light you are using.

Im going to fire 2X36" T5’s off of my existing ballast. The only thing i had to purchase was two reflectors and two bulbs.

thats right Icy. my home made frag tank is 48 x 18 x 12 deep. got 4 T8s over it in the hood with a pair of VHO acts straddling them . I used to grow nice acros way back under just the 4 T8s, but i had a ballast that over drove them a little. that one burned out but i replaced it with this new model from GE lighting. runs the 32 watt T8s at about 38 watts. nice and bright.

been running it about a year now. easy on the lamps. been running the lamps about a year too. the acros colors keep getting better. this set up is brighter than a pair of dual T8 shop lights. but might cost a little more for endcaps and ballast.

I’m not exactly sure yet but I may be upgrading from a 24g aquapod to a 65g and may need to sell the aqua. My husband and I haven’t decided yet but if we do it will be by the end of the week. If you would like me to keep you updated on what we decide just let me know and should be able to give a answer by end of the week.

yes i also have stuff for trade unless you already have the 65 gallon. i posted some in the market forum.

Ok I just wanted to let u know about the tank. I actually just purchased the tank in July of 08 and just got stand about 2 months ago. It is all stock lighting and on the back of lid I got some of the black plastic off to accomodate the bak-pak 2r+, that’s the only modifications that have been to tank. I have the stock pump but not very efficient. Were u interested in stand as well?

yes send me pm and include wants and needs.

I just want to clarify that skimmer is not for sale. Ok now for pics I don’t know how to shrink them small enough to post or send through email plus u really can’t see minor details and such so what I’m going to do is take some pics and leave them at premium aquatics in a envelope. I leave them with Charlie I will heading there sometime later this evening and will take pics there tonight and u can get them when ur available just let me know when u get them and what u think about tank.

photobucket.com is the best way. host full size and can be linked

Thanks that will help a lot

[quote=“a1amap, post:33, topic:909”]
photobucket.com is the best way. host full size and can be linked[/quote]

If you have any problems dnc15 check out the “How To” forums here. There are nice step by step instructions on what to do to make and account and get the pictures here on the forums that Al posted.

ok this is 2 parted. the pictures i will not be able to pick up due to me bieng west of dover. i have seen the aqua pod at premium though. second part. if you have a photo editing feature on computer all you have to do is click on resize and bring down the size too around 700 x 700 or so and then it will be small enough to post on DRC. you can pm me with price of aqua pod and any details. I see you order a tank already so i assume you dont need anything i would have. you set up with a sump and fuge and i think you will be pleased and delighted with the 65 tank. you an always ask to see peoples set ups and plumbing. we are all open to show and tell. dont hesitate to ask for help, ect.

I sorry took so long to get back to you I am going to play around with the pics and post them today. I will gather all information and send you a pm with all the details.

ok dnc i will wait arrival of pm.

I am very sorry about posting the pictures and contacting you my daughter is sick and havent had time to sit down and actually play with the pictures. I am definitely selling the tank the new one should be in thursday so excited. I am going to try my best to get these pictures up today and contact you with all the information you need. Again I am so sorry it has taken me so long to get the pictures posted.