Coral warfare

In a healthy aquarium it is almost inevitable. If this aquarium was not attended to frequently this video could have had a completely different ending.

As is all corals have recovered and are growing quickly once again. Give it a thumbs up on YouTube if you like the video.

Thanks for the video Jon. I Agree, coral placement in the tank plays a crucial roll in a healthy aquarium that no one really pays attention to untill the coral is dead or have been over grown by a specific species of coral. Not just those with stinging tentacles, even those with out…acropora, montipora just to name a few. Those will sting its neighbor and over take them to encrust its own self to grow bigger.

What is your suggestion for coral placements?

[quote=“reefman66, post:2, topic:5661”]
What is your suggestion for coral placements? [/quote]

Started to type a response and realized it could be turned into a blog article(if not a book) and then never managed to get around to finishing it.

There are a multitude of things to consider, but perhaps the one most important is to consider the shape and size of a colony that will really show off a natural colony form. New hobbyist often laugh at colored sticks, but a large 12" diameter colony of Acropora millepora is something most people will appreciate and admire. A chip of Montipora capricornis may be bright, but a multi-layered fully spread out colony is much more beautiful.

i have corals now growing into each other the same one grows so fast, I already fragged it two separate times and made four chunky frags each time. they are all nice corals and have encrusted too much to move I do have a favorite out of the three its the strawberry shortcake so I have to move something soon just don’t know how.