cross your fingers for me

Lot easier, but a lot harsher on the fish it seems. Sucks you may have lost two fish. The flat worms toxins are horrible. My purple tang has gone through several treatments of FW exit. I went to great lengths to remove just about all of the flat worms though. Was exhausting work and I only had a 40g tank with 2-3 fish at the time.

How’s it going?

tank doing good. just ready for 2nd dose this sunday. only seen2 small ones since i dosed. i am at 2 weeks this sunday. so next dose should go great since there will be almost no toxins from die off. after i dose agian i will wait for around 2 weeks before i start deciding on new fish species for tank. undecided on route i am taking with fish but will be a reef safe smaller type. may go for a flame hawk and clipp his fins and pray he dont fly out of tank. was also thinking few more star fish. i have 4 or 5 now and may get another exotic kind like my avator. not made my mind up. may window shop for a week or too before i put in order at fishbowl

good luck, im glad your getting this under control, you can enjoy it now…

are they causing harm to the actual tank, or are theyjust a nusiance

Please don’t purchase exotic sea stars until you know what they can live off of and know what it takes to keep them in captivity. Chocolate chip star fish are a debatable topic, but I wouldn’t suggest them unless you have an over fed 400+gallon tank with a good bit of diverse algae in it.

Serpant stars come in all kinds of crazy colors and some can be difficult to get. Good thing about them is they will eat plain old pellet food.

right jon its READ /ASK /PURCHASE…but i knew that. i have stuff that i am sure of only…

Check out these guys:
Harlequin Serpent starfish
Red serpent starfish

I have a red one and always on the look out for the Harlequin. They are collected from Florida. It’s a shame we don’t have some kind of connection down there that might be able to keep an eye out for them. :wink: (You know who I mean try PMing him)