Do u know Paul Watson ?

I have to say for someone to do a good a thing as save whales from hunters it surprised me when sea Shepard and Paul Watson came out and said they wanted the aquarium trade banned - in hawii!!! It just goes to show that not all of those save the ocean groups are bulit up to what they say they are . They obivously haven’t check out all of the scientific facts and have abandend there scientific quest for ones of morals what’s your thoughts on these fools lOl I know some people are like this to them #@$^ LOLLOL :FLUSH) :-)### ::bs:: ::hitsthefan::

Not famaliar with these guys and group. Hawaii does have some of the biggest restrictions on fish collection in the world. Fish and wildlife has set up somewhat “sustainable” collection rules. I don’t know their position on the aquarium hobby/trade but I hope they are informed before making such a bold statement. I support saving animals, especially aquatic but try to be informed. An example is that I will not buy a wild banggai cardnial, only captive bred. Can you post the source you found this info?

I feel the same way about the bangai cardinal.

I try to buy ether fish that do jobs or are captive bred

Jawfish - sifts sand

Tang - eats algae

Hawkfish,hogfish - controls pest inverts ect.

I’m planning on starting a thread soon talking about my environmental beliefs of the trade and how I think they should be and could be better .

As for Paul Watson he was the captian on that show whale wars. I am not very tech savy plus I’m doing this from an iPhone so I can’t post links . Just look up OPERATION REEF DEFENSE. It should come up on YouTube and google.

Watson is a teleolgist - he only cares about the end result. And without following common science sense. What I don’t get is y you would want to ban the trade in hawii unless its for exclusive species. The reason y is because if hawii gets banned then more exports and demand will come out of places that don’t have good regulations like Indonesia ect. And more people may start using cyinide and destroying reefs In that area. Bad unitentioanl outcomes from “saving hawii” .

Although personally I think they should restrict collection rules.

And make more rules for healthy breeding reefs and fish populations to abound and flourish!