DSAS Planted Tank Aquascaping Presentation April 12, 2010

Reminder!

Tonight is the DSAS regular meeting with extra special guest speaker, Kris Weinhold, President of the Greater Washington Aquatic Plant Association. He will demo how to plant and aquascape a real, live and wet aquarium and answer all your questions. Tons of Special FW plants and driftwood and stuff will be in the auctions and raffles to help aquascape your tank to perfection and make it look good! Come early. The Meeting starts at 7 PM at William Penn High School ,cafeteria.

http://dsas.topcities.com/

or check also

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/pennsylvania/105175-kris-weinhold-how-aquascape-mon-april.html

See you there!

amazing meeting. i only wish i could have stayed longer.

probably the most ironic thing in the world is that i actually follow the guest speakers blog and have done so for a long time. his blog is one of the reasons im so interested in planted tanks. really great meeting!

Yes, his Q&A session later was very good too. You looked pretty tired, I guess you got off a weird shift and had to leave early. One new guy and his Wife won the tank in the raffle. They were very happy. The tank looked very good , and will be even better when all that ground cover grows over the beach in front. we drained it down and they loaded it up in the SUV. only weighed about 50 pounds then with tank and sand and a little water in the sand. should have traveled well.

There was really a big variety of plants that Walt had arranged from sponsors and that Kris brought. They went like hot cakes in the auction. More to come in coming months if you care to stock pile a few for your future tank.

Yup, Kris has a very nice blog/forum. I’ve book marked it too!

You looked pretty tired, I guess you got off a weird shift and had to leave early.
I was actully sick as a dog and had to leave to pick my son up but i really wish i could have stayed! I was really hoping to speak with Kris in person but instead shot him an email last night.
care to stock pile a few for your future tank.
only if they can grow with no water, light, or dirt >LOL< it will be a while before i start my FW tank. i am literally in the middle of building 6 vivariums, finishing another, completely tearing down my 34g reef, completely re-building my fish room from the tile floor to the dry wall to include a large propogation tank, and i still dont have my 265g 100% finished! im getting tired just thinking about it!! rest assured though, i will one day soon have a planted FW! i even have the tank picked out, just need a place to put it!!
Yup, Kris has a very nice blog/forum. I've book marked it too!
amazing blog! if i had known the connection ahead of time i would have made arrangments to stay the entire meeting!

WOW! You’re like a… Wild Man!

I wish i had that much gitty up!