Duck decoy's / Prints / Stamps

Lynn has recently come into possession of a number of hand carved/painted duck decoy’s, and framed/matted prints w/stamps. These were her father and brother’s who recently passed. I would like to get educated as to their value, so if anyone has an idea where to start, i.e. web sites, etc. please give me a heads up. They also need to be cleaned up, so I’d like to find out what to use to clean them, and maybe more importantly what not to use ::thinking::.

well, those are good collectibles around these parts. the first thing to do is try to determine their age, origin, the ID of the artist who made them. if you are lucky those might be on the stamp, or signed and dated. a quick google shows there are decoy appraisers out there for a fee, if you thnk is worth while.

you cand search for comparables on ebay or amazon. or hows about start here:

antiquesroadshowinsider.com

lots of high quality antique collectibles for sale here.

check 2ND and Charles used book store for books on them. they took over the old Boarders book store when they closed. goold prices. near toys R us churchmans and rte 7.

take a looksy.

search for the artist of the prints. lots of info out there.

Thanks for the info. ::thumbsup::

Oh yeah, one thing i learned watching antique road show is, dont do ANY cleaning or buffing of the stuff until after you figure out what it is. it can always be done later if it helps. Sometimes, cleaning the patina is a detrement.