Election for 2023 Officers

The Delaware Reef Club holds elections in November for the following positions that start in January-

President
Vice President
Treasurer
Secretary

These roles are on a volunteer basis and last for a one year term.
You may nominate yourself and you do not have to accept a nomination if you don’t wish to serve in the role.

Nominations start November 1st and close November 30th.

1 Like

I think everyone has done a great job this year and would like to say thank you to all of the current officers. I think Jessica has been great at bringing new ideas and a new energy to this club. Everyone else has been great at supporting her and carrying the momentum.
We need this same energy and if willing I would love to see her continue this trend.
I think Mike has been great as the VP and would love to see him continue if willing
I am a little burned out with holding an officer position and would love to see someone step up as Secretary or otherwise. I would still be willing if nobody else is nominated or volunteers, just not as excited about holding a position. I will always be excited about the club, events, and meetings. Just sometimes think someone new would bring more vigor to the position.
As long as Marty is willing I would love to see him continue as treasurer, he has been the steady rock with likely the most knowledge of how things have been and progressed over the years.

I nominate:

Jessica for President
Mike for Vice President
Marty for Treasurer
Secretary myself only if nobody else wants to serve

Thank you for allowing me to be an officer over the past few years, it has been an honor to be involved.

5 Likes

I accept the nomination for Vice President

2 Likes

I nominate William Balog Sr for the position of secretary

2 Likes

I accept the nomination of President. I still feel bright eyed and bushy tailed & have some new ideas for next year!

I second the nomination for @fishface515 (Will) as secretary, @MarineMike5 for Vice President, @reefzig (Marty) for treasurer.

2 Likes

I accept the nomination for club secretary. I hope if elected i can help the club grow along with increase active members engagement.

3 Likes

I believe That this is going to be a better year for the club. The dynamics of how the economy and the world is changing and we as people are coming out to enjoy the outside more should make a difference. The officers we have and the people behind the scenes will help make this a better year. We have people who have been officers in the past that have vast knowledge of this hobby that is unmeasurable. We thank them and will be asking them to share their knowledge for the benefit of the club. I believe the younger officers with new ideas will make this club prosper. Thanks to all past officers and to all members of this club for making it what is is today. A fun learning environment for all reefers to enjoy and learn and share with one another. Congratulations to all the officers for the 2023 year.

3 Likes

Donavon, Thank You for all the time and energy you have invested in our club! All of our Officers deserve our gratitude for their dedication to us and the hobby!

2 Likes

I accept the nomination for Treasurer. As long as I can count and am still standing, I guess I can stick around for another term or so. The club is reborn thanks to Jessica, Mike and Donavon. We are on a roll and heading in a new direction with a rapidly changing hobby. Let’s keep it going forward.

3 Likes

What date are the elections?

People can nominate until the end of the month and likewise others can second the nomination in support of the candidate they want to see elected. Basically whoever gets the most nominations gets elected.

1 Like

I agree with all the nominations. Thank you Donovan for all you have done as well as Jessica for reviving the club.

2 Likes

One more day before the polls close!

Congratulations to our 2023 officers!
:tada::tada::tada::tada::tada::tada::tada::tada::tada::tada::tada::tada:

Jessica (myself) President
MichaelCrimian Vice President
William Balog Sr. Secretary
Marty Ziegler Treasurer

We look forward to continuing to grow the club!

1 Like

We have an opening for club secretary!! William stepped down for family reasons. If anyone is interested please respond here!

I nominate Christ Lapotsky!

1 Like

Sorry to see you stepping down Will

I hope everything turns out well

1 Like

I second that!

1 Like

Just Chris is fine lol

1 Like

I’m good with It

1 Like