Finally a job! and a fun one!

I was just offered a job! YahoO

finally somebody is giving me a chance. He said he would last week, but i’ve heard that one before from others in the past … " i’ll give you a shot…sure…call you in a couple days"… then nuthin >:::

But this time i got the call, and he asked me to come make sure the new store was accessible… door, isles, register computer etc… and fill out some paperwork and get me on the schedule.
Now, i’ve been a customer of his for about the past 1 1/2 years and they always treated me and the boys very well. there’s even another gimp thats been working for him for 6 years now…so he’s pretty much already schooled the owner about “mess with the bull… and you’ll get ur toes run-over” so i think i’ll fit right in Saint:) starting next week PBJ!
I’ve pretty much stuck to two hobbies my whole life, aquariums and remote controlled anything… Lately i’ve been back into R/C stuff, so a job at the local hobby store is right up my alley! G force hobbies is opening a buy/sell/trade store two doors away from their current store, sounds like that’ll be my spot. I’m pretty excited YahoO

anybody else into rc’s ? i was into gas years and years ago, but nowadays with the lipo batteries, the electric stuff is insane! Me and Jack have brushless slash 4x4’s (been piecing mine together for a year, just got it running) and tristan has a small heli.

I just sold all my giddy up. I had 2 1/16 scale Traxxas cars that i ran in the desert for 6 months. They were very fast and a ton of fun.

Good luck with the job, and congrats. :BEER

Good luck with the new job John YahoO. It is always a fun job when you get to do what you love. I’ll just stick with one hobby. Can’t afford to do another.

Thats great John. Those guys are nice if its the one off Kirkwood hwy. You should fit in great.
I have a msr heli and some old ass nitro buggy that no one sells parts for but runs.
I would love to get a electric car I miss the old days when they were rated like 1450fps and that was fast LOL.

[quote=“BigCase, post:2, topic:6371”]
I just sold all my giddy up. I had 2 1/16 scale Traxxas cars that i ran in the desert for 6 months. They were very fast and a ton of fun.

Good luck with the job, and congrats. :BEER[/quote]

Thanks, bet that was a fun way to unwind, how did they hold up in that environment? brutal heat and sand …

what’d ya have? mini revo?

[quote=“reefman66, post:3, topic:6371”]
Good luck with the new job John YahoO. It is always a fun job when you get to do what you love. I’ll just stick with one hobby. Can’t afford to do another.[/quote]

haha, i hear ya… It took me awhile to build mine… jack was handed his at x-mas by his generous grandparents… good thing is though, the batteries can be re- charged for years, and the little misc parts that get broke are in the 10 buck range…

[quote=“JustSumGuy, post:4, topic:6371”]
Thats great John. Those guys are nice if its the one off Kirkwood hwy. You should fit in great.
I have a msr heli and some old (lolli-pop) nitro buggy that no one sells parts for but runs.
I would love to get a electric car I miss the old days when they were rated like 1450fps and that was fast LOL.[/quote]

Thats the place jeff! how’s the msr? triz has a mcx… small but fun indoors…
and fast… whoa, i put a $60 buck no-name mamba monster in my car and its insanely fast… 60mph easily and its still geared down. tons of fun, and fast without the nitro mess like the last time i was “into” it…

Had a mini erevo and mini summit, had them both loaded and they ran great. Ran lipos on them and they were extremely fast. Had paddles on the summit and with lipo in parrellel it would do standing double back flips.

Those cars were great but wanted to consolidate back down to 1 hobby.

[quote=“saltcreep, post:5, topic:6371”]

[quote=“BigCase, post:2, topic:6371”]

Good luck with the job, and congrats. :BEER[/quote]

Thanks, bet that was a fun way to unwind, how did they hold up in that environment? brutal heat and sand …

what’d ya have? mini revo?

[quote=“reefman66, post:3, topic:6371”]
Good luck with the new job John YahoO. It is always a fun job when you get to do what you love. I’ll just stick with one hobby. Can’t afford to do another.[/quote]

haha, i hear ya… It took me awhile to build mine… jack was handed his at x-mas by his generous grandparents… good thing is though, the batteries can be re- charged for years, and the little misc parts that get broke are in the 10 buck range…

[quote=“JustSumGuy, post:4, topic:6371”]
I have a msr heli and some old (lolli-pop) nitro buggy that no one sells parts for but runs.
I would love to get a electric car I miss the old days when they were rated like 1450fps and that was fast LOL.[/quote]

Thats the place jeff! how’s the msr? triz has a mcx… small but fun indoors…
and fast… whoa, i put a $60 buck no-name mamba monster in my car and its insanely fast… 60mph easily and its still geared down. tons of fun, and fast without the nitro mess like the last time i was “into” it…[/quote]

Congrats John

And yeah I was big into RC cars a while back, still got 2 cars  and a boat. Where is this place at?

I had fun with the MSR but it is a bit hard flying it in this house… I want a electric car that I can just do burnouts and dougnuts without flipping :slight_smile:
Nitro is just to much of a pain. Wish I could sell my buggy I have 2 motors for it to

Hey! That’s really great John! Sounds like a fun job. I can’t say i’ve ever played with RCs, got two left thumbs and they dont work together well. everything just runs into the wall. You should do well. I hope the store is a sucess. The economy is slowly picking up, so people will get back to hobbies.

I think i had an RC boat once, a miniature Titanic, but it went out on the lake once … and sank… just my luck. But the store sold a lot of them, and replacements too.

[quote=“BigCase, post:6, topic:6371”]
Had a mini erevo and mini summit, had them both loaded and they ran great. Ran lipos on them and they were extremely fast. Had paddles on the summit and with lipo in parrellel it would do standing double back flips.[/quote]

sweeet, i haven’t had a set of paddles yet but look forward to it …
double back flips! Holy ::hitsthefan::

[quote=“billrob71, post:7, topic:6371”]
Congrats John

And yeah I was big into RC cars a while back, still got 2 cars  and a boat. Where is this place at?[/quote]

It’s on kirkwood highway right near the DE Park entrance, right in a little strip mall behind the retro fitness / accent music store. (intersection where the hess station is)
Is your stuff gas or electric bill?

[quote=“JustSumGuy, post:8, topic:6371”]

I want a electric car that I can just do burnouts and dougnuts without flipping :slight_smile:
Nitro is just to much of a pain. Wish I could sell my buggy I have 2 motors for it to[/quote]

That’s what i’m shooting for… something i can take out in the front street quick and easy…plug the battery in and turn it on and go. The motor i put in it is an overkill (but is soooo fun and it was cheap so i’m still in the process of snapping axles, and other weak plastic stock parts and upgrading to aluminum and rpm parts as i break stuff, but on the few decent weathered days i got a couple full runs without any breakage and I’m talking some 10ft jumps and 60mph wipeouts on asphalt. went a good 25 mins on a batttery ::thumbsup::

here’s a pic of mine, they come with a stadium truck/ short course baja body typically… i had to be diff and put a 55’ chevy on it and street treads… it’s still a 4x4 and has the suspension to jump big still.
Hard to tell a size fro the pic, but its about 2ft long and 6lbs roughly…

I don’t have any video yet, but these guys on youtube have my kinda fun! video gets good a few minutes in… RC ADVENTURES - SKATE PARK PAiN 4 - PT 2 - KiNG of AiR - The MiLE HiGH CLUB - YouTube

[quote=“kaptken, post:9, topic:6371”]
I think i had an RC boat once, a miniature Titanic, but it went out on the lake once … and sank… just my luck. But the store sold a lot of them, and replacements too.[/quote]

:-)lol are you pulling my leg Ken? ::rofl::

Just a little!

Heres my little summit with my buddies slash while in kuwait. Notice the kuwaiti f18 in the back ground lol.

That summit looks tough with that setup ::thumbsup:: I want one

damn i’m gonna get in trouble working there slap-stick

After working 8 days in a row i finally have a day off!.. I’m really enjoying it, and didn’t even want a day off, but theres things i need to take care of… just not enough hours in the day anymore ::rofl::
… It’s just me working the new store, with the owner bouncing back/forth between the two shops. It’s fun though, setting up a new business, stocking up the shop and working out the computer system, buying and selling, and repairing r/c’s that were junk trade-ins… I don’t wan to jinx myself, but not only did i finally find a job, it’s perfect for me! It’s like a remote controlled version of Pawn Stars and Counting Cars all wrapped up in one ::thinking::
Yesterday i had to fix and test drive a 4x4 monster truck, and put a new engine in a 70mph car then break it in… and all the work was done at my custom handicrap accessible work-bench while jammin tunes on the stereo from my ipod… life is good ::thumbsup::
And i tell you what, i thought the reef-hobby guys spent crazy money on their hobby… you ain’t seen nuthin…
Having one nice toy to play with isn’t that hard on the wallet… but most of our customers have 5, 10… 50 or more $500 a piece toys… and most of them try and hide it from their wives just like us frag-whores do Saint:) ::rofl::

LOL 

Congrats John and I'm sure that every hobbie has the hide it from the wife claus  ::rofl::

Glad your diggen the nw job. gotta come and see ya.

I guess no more time for reef keeping huh John?

Thats great John. you have high quality problems now.

I think every hobby is expensive. I think fishkeeping has cost me more money then running my shop with all my expensive toys. I spent $500 just on a paint gun and I also spent a butt load for a used $5,000 snap on scanner… But yet the fish tank has cost me more then my tools… Oh the depression. I only look at my tank maybe for about 5 minutes a day or 5 minutes every other day depends if I think of the tank at all.

One day Maybe I will finally put my buggy up for sale or just take it there as a trade in and get a electric car or maybe a truck I can play with at the shop :slight_smile:

Good luck with the job those guys are awesome there.

[quote=“billrob71, post:15, topic:6371”]
LOL

Congrats John and I'm sure that every hobbie has the hide it from the wife claus  ::rofl::

Glad your diggen the nw job. gotta come and see ya.[/quote]

Thanks Bill ::thumbsup::

and for me, this hobby is much easier to hide, she’s clue-less on r/c stuff… ::thinking::

The tank… i got away with nuthin! Awesome having the wife involved, but she knew too damn much, especially about prices #@$^

:-)lol

[quote=“reefman66, post:16, topic:6371”]
I guess no more time for reef keeping huh John?[/quote]

LOLLOL

:-)lol Honestly, the 125 is like a thorn in my sack, Michelle is “taking care of it”… It has the coolest looking tie-dyed brown/ green algae design on the front glass… and if you stare real hard you may catch a glimpse of something swimming by…

I will keep my 30g tank though A, there’s only been about three years of my life since age 10 that i didn’t have a tank setup… i do really enjoy it still !

[quote=“kaptken, post:17, topic:6371”]
Thats great John. you have high quality problems now. [/quote]

you have no idea #@$^

[quote=“JustSumGuy, post:18, topic:6371”]
I think every hobby is expensive. I think fishkeeping has cost me more money then running my shop with all my expensive toys. I spent $500 just on a paint gun and I also spent a butt load for a used $5,000 snap on scanner… But yet the fish tank has cost me more then my tools… Oh the depression. I only look at my tank maybe for about 5 minutes a day or 5 minutes every other day depends if I think of the tank at all.

One day Maybe I will finally put my buggy up for sale or just take it there as a trade in and get a electric car or maybe a truck I can play with at the shop :slight_smile:

Good luck with the job those guys are awesome there.[/quote]

Thanks Jeff… now get back to flippin, that car isn’t gonna paint itself ::rofl::

just saw the thread, john. best of luck and keep enjoyin it. gald there’s someone else who can make fun of your metallic sidewear.