Finally back in game😎

Finally water testing the 125 gal system for leaks and of course trying to tidy up the wires.

Front View

Sump Room

I am apprehensive about online Fish/corals,and Invertebrates purchasing. I was trying to wait till the maskcapades were over, but it looks like I have to purchase online. Anyone purchase online and what was your experience and your recommendations. Thanks

This will be my first time with corals. I will be leaning heavy on you all for advice and tips.
Getting That Feeling Again!

Well, my brand new sump failed the leak test. Back to the waiting phase. Temporary setback but still feelin positive.

2 Likes

My favorite coral vendor is Tidal Gardens. Their frags are meticulous and I’ve never had an issue with pests. The downside is that they can be pricey. But in my opinion it’s worth it due to the quality of the frags.

2 Likes

Pacific east out side of Salisbury Maryland is having their grand reopening on May 1st at 11 after a fire. I love everything I have gotten from them.

2 Likes

Also tck corals has some great stuff as well. Just got a shipment from them including a powerball bounce mushroom.

2 Likes

Also very nice looking set up. Looking forward watch this

2 Likes

Can’t believe what my tiny clean up crew has done in a week or so.
I don’t know who said “ your clean up crew are pets too” but it stuck with me and I decided to put in just a few at a time to try to keep them alive and thriving. It worked better than I expected. The balance of available nutrients and the critters that thrive in it looks balanced so far.

I can’t find the pics of the completely brown algae on everything, but we all have seen that stage.

2 Likes

Added the lighting today. 2 Current 72 inch reef lights. Very bright in all the color spectrums and individually programmable output levels for each wavelength. I can finally get rid of the line of sight remotes and the little black boxes on the viewing side.

1 Like

If anyone decides to get a fleece filter roller. When the current roll is just about done, pull it out and attach to new roll with a little reef safe super glue.

2 Likes

My first ever coral. Picked up a Purple Wispy Willow Gorgonian from Pacific East Aquaculture. I showed my Wife the pics of Jessica’s aquarium and she had to have it. Now I have a partner (wink,wink) in my new addiction.

5 Likes

How exciting!!! Congratulations!!!

1 Like

Be careful… or soon you’ll have a lot more!

1 Like

Looking at a hairy green mushroom today. I did some research and it appears to be a good semi low maintenance soft coral. Any advice/warnings are welcomed.

1 Like

Keep them on an island by themselves in case they reproduce and try to take over your main Aquascape. I think that’s true of most mushrooms. I have 2 green hairy mushrooms and they have never reproduced for some reason. They are on their own little island. I also have red discosomas and rainbow Yuma’s and they have reproduced by pedal laceration.

1 Like

Yes. I did it again.

2 Likes

Very nice. I LOVE Pacific East Aquaculture. Everything I buy from them are healthy and absolutely
beautiful and aren’t little, tiny frags, but are a nice size and Dr. Mac is always so helpful with any questions one might have regarding his different corals. Anyway, I’ll be watching this space to see how your wet pets and their home progress.

1 Like

I cleaned the glass this time.

1 Like

I have never seen hermits reproduce in a system

Love gorgs have a few in my tank.

1 Like

African Lyretail Anthias from Live Aquaria in quarantine. 1 Male and 5 Females school. Arrived in perfect condition.

2 Likes

Those are awesome!

1 Like