Frankenstorm!

Be prepared for “Frankenstorm” with a battery operated air pump!

I’ve read all the posts with people saying its “vortech battery backup or nothing” and all the “air stones don’t add air to the water”

well let me tell you, I have one of these and in hurricane Irene I was out of power for 20 hours and I used it with a spliter in the air line to double its locations in the tank and it did just fine, not 1 single loss.

Just got it out and bought new batteries! ready to go…

ps I got the b11

Hey all if your looking to get one of these best not wait I was there today and theres only a few left. Its a cheap investment for something that we treasure and put ALOT of time in so don’t get caught with out some sort of back up circulation.

Thats true, just having a little aeration and circulation in the tank goes a long way for survival. days, even without lights. should we have lots of power outages. I have an assortment of battery air pumps, including these. they run for like 24-48 hours on a pair of D cells. cant beat that.

one thing i found is that the small 1 inch air stones will float up on an air tube. so puting them on the end of a 18 inch long length of rigid 1/8 inch air tube keeps it sitting on the bottom of the tank. or just rubber band something heavy to the stone. that works too.

yup, I just shove them under a stone

Dang just got back in town, dunno if there will be any left tomorrow morning :frowning:

We are all sold out!

Oh No! Mr. Charlie!!

Good while they lasted!