Freshwater Eel

Today one of the kid’s in my neighborhood caught an eel in a local creek. It’s about 1’ long and is a greenish color. It is now sitting on my patio in the back in a 20 gallon drum. According to the kid, it ate a fish before he caught it, but I don’t know how big it is. I don’t know what type it is right now, but I’l have pics up tomorrow so you guys can help me id it.

you say it is only one inch long? wondering if you could slowly drip it to salt water? yes ould love to see picture.

no 1 foot long

I use to see those at red clay creek back in the day. Once they find your fishing hole they eat your bait all the time.
http://www.discoverboating.com/resources/article.aspx?id=270

Something like this? they do migrate up fresh water streams part of their life. I used to cuss them when they hooked on to my bait down at the shore in salt water bays. real slimey. cant get a grip on them even with a rag.

they get 2 - 4 feet. Europeans like to eat them alot.

ya i have caught a four footer in lewes by the outter wall a few years ago. as big as my arm. we use the small ones for stripper fishing on a live linning slider. if you drop them on ice they will stop squirming till they warm up. slimmy lil buggers

I was fishing in the the Inlet and a friend caught a 4’ eel and was 8" thick. We cooked him up and ate him. It was a slimy little bugger but was good eats.

yea, hd two freshwater eels in my tank, they slithered out a couple times until one time they ended up under the tv stand oooops