From Newbie to Experienced

[quote=“logans_daddy, post:20, topic:890”]
Wow, nice area!

Only a few blocks from scenic southbridge! Everyone be sure to bring your kevlar! lOl[/quote]

Can someone pick me up? I’m not sure I want to drive my truck in that area. Chrome rims tend to get noticed.

[quote=“Cdangel0, post:21, topic:890”]

[quote=“logans_daddy, post:20, topic:890”]
Wow, nice area!

Only a few blocks from scenic southbridge! Everyone be sure to bring your kevlar! lOl[/quote]

Can someone pick me up? I’m not sure I want to drive my truck in that area. Chrome rims tend to get noticed.[/quote]

I was immediately thinking the same thing about my three tv’s in the car. LOL last thing i need is to put a beacon out that says steal me… may have to take another vehicle to this one.

Im assuming that their shop is in the industrial park. I wouldnt think there would be any problems.

It probably wouldnt be fun getting lost in the area since one of only 2 remaining wilmington housing projects is only a mile or so north of their shop. A couple of months ago i got the opportunity to spend the night in my truck at NC Ave and C street babysitting a generator. It was SO much fun!

Are we going to be able to have a DIY presentation at ARMCO, or will it be tank tour style?

I sure we could do what we want

You asked them about food as well?

As a note … I’ve included an article on the Home page for the monthly meeting. It currently reflects the December meeting, and can be easily edited by those of us with the correct permissions - although I wouldn’t want to try it on a PDA.

OK, I’ve cancelled the bear library room for Dec. 15. they were pleased to know its free for others that might be waiting. Meanwhile, i think i picked up a cold or something . been sick the past two days since the meeting.

I bought a couple of blue mushrooms the other day that were on a small rock. Since my blue hermits like to knock everything small over, I put the small rock with the mushrooms between two other rocks at the bottom of my tank. Today, I come home to find the two of the mushrooms have grown tremendously in size and at least one of them is partially covering over the adjacent rock, almost like its trying to move toward the front of the tank seeking more light. If mushroom self-relocation is normal, I guess I’ll just leave them be so they can find the spot that best suits them. So, is mushroom self-relocation normal?

Yep, completly normal. I wouldnt be suprised if after the big one moves you see a small one growing in the spot it vacated. A lot of times mushrooms will leave a little bit of their foot on the rock as they move, which eventually becomes a new mushroom… its called pedal laceration for the science geeks out there. Its the most common way new ones grow in my tank (the second most common involves an exacto knife :slight_smile: )

[Its the most common way new ones grow in my tank (the second most common involves an exacto knife )]or anything sharp. yes mushrooms will move to better situate themselves. i had a purple yama jump off a rock. ive also had shrooms grow onto rock below.

as shrooms grow they will spread to rocks as well as cover each other. i have a rock with about 50 + shrooms and the small ones under the big ones will actually bend around and search for light. then they seem to release to move. as they grow you can slice the larger ones from rock at base to uncover the smaller ones. they are really easy to frag. if you get a few large ones just use razor and cut them directly in half through center and wallla you have 2 then 4 then 8 then 16. You get the picture. icy and green eggs will tell you i have so many small ones that are just hidden i really am not sure how many i have…lol

Yes, Mushrooms, ricodia, Zoos, anemone, leathers, like to go Walk-a-Bout. all at their own chosen speed.