Front Page

I updated the front page although I am not entirely satisfied.
Ideas Welcome

Not bad. I would trim the top of the photograph a little bit and have the photo be a link as well. Use before the link and after it. I would also trim the top of the photo just a little bit more to bring it closer to the top of the light.(Just OCD talking there)

The page it links to needs some sort of fix though. The pictures and text from the body of the page are flowing over to the right under the User Menue. Perhaps the table which contains the body needs to be shortened a little bit? Not sure what you are using to create the pages.(HTML or some sort of ap?)

Speaking of which is there some way I can get in to edit that sort of thing or do you not want me messing with that? Just want to start to be able to help at little bit more if possible, don’t want to get in the way though.

Jon

“What kinds of fish do you keep? Uh, three sergeant majors, one percula clown, one tomato clown, swallowtail angel, a couple of miscellaneous damsels,”

Who typed this Shawn? Have to make sure I don’t say “Uh” or “Um” when he is interviewing, lol. Couldn’t we leave out the “Uh”?

Idea for Tank Tours section:

I think we could have the last item on each Tank Tour page as a link to a new thread where we could discuss peoples tanks. We could leave it up to the peron each month if they want to do this or not but would be cool, if they wanted, to just have a quick link to a discussion about the tank at the end.

[quote=“Gordonious, post:2, topic:799”]
The page it links to needs some sort of fix though. The pictures and text from the body of the page are flowing over to the right under the User Menue. Perhaps the table which contains the body needs to be shortened a little bit? Not sure what you are using to create the pages.(HTML or some sort of ap?) [/quote]

It show’s just fine in Safari and Camino …

looks very nice. you’re right the photo is a bit off center. But i think its a great idea.

Looks good! Alignments look fine to me, I’m using Firefox.

Looks great, Al. Good job!

Who typed this Shawn? Have to make sure I don't say "Uh" or "Um" when he is interviewing, lol. Couldn't we leave out the "Uh"?

I did edit quite a bit. However, i felt that if i removed all of the vernacular it would lose its flavor and be very dry. I feel it would defeat the purpose of doing a Q&A.

Im open to suggestions.

Just in case you didnt know, the Q&A was done almost as a conversation. I would ask questions and then we would talk for a bit. I recorded the entire thing and edited my part of the diologue, things that didnt make sense out of context, and some vernacular that would make it harder to read.

I thought it sounded like conversation. I liked it.

The picture should be a link to the article. I agree we should link to a discussion board to talk about the tank.

Put a space in before the picture, should be enough to center it.

I liked the fact Shawn wrote it up as a conversation - although I admit laughing when I first read it myself - made me sound a little like Lenny from “Of Mice and Men”.

But it is just as he said, an excerpt from a 20 min. or so conversation.

Over-all I like it, and the photo looks great on the front page.

I put it up quick last night. The problem was that if I make the pic larger it throws the entire front page out of whack I will attempt to make a duplicate page that links with the pic but I’m not promising anything. I will add a link to a tank tours forum.

[quote=“Cdangel0, post:12, topic:799”]
The picture should be a link to the article. I agree we should link to a discussion board to talk about the tank.
I liked the fact Shawn wrote it up as a conversation - although I admit laughing when I first read it myself - made me sound a little like Lenny from “Of Mice and Men”.[/quote].

But you do sound like that, so its accurate :stuck_out_tongue:

The template for Joomla is not as flexible so I was able to raise the pic and added the recommended “space” before the picture.
I wanted to have the article like to a html page that we were not limited by the template. I will play with it some more to see if I can make the article link to another non-joomla page.

Forum link added

Im having the same problems as Jon. Major alignment problems. It may just be an IE issue. Im having the problem on my xp box at my house and my work laptop now. I havent attempted to load it with any other browser yet.

Overall i think it was a sucessful first atttempt. Obviously we can polish and refine it more over the months to come. I think a link to a stickied thread for discussion of the TTOTM is a great ideal.

Mine lines up perfectly with Firefox but not in IE. It stays between the sides of the joomla template. Not sure what to fix since it is browser specific.
Firefox anyone? Firefox - Protect your life online with privacy-first products — Mozilla

For those with access to the web fixes forum
http://delreefclub.org/home/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=28&topic=746.msg6529#msg6529

I really like the addition to the front page with the user’s avatar and posting stats in the right hand corner. useful and very clean looking. good job ted,al.

ty

Yes, its been looking very nice latley