FS:Awesome neon green & orange cloves

I have two frags of these freaking awesome clove polyps. This is a rare find for sure. Some of you may have seen some of the some species in Mike’s(alemab8) tank. They have neon green centers and neon orange on the pinnules surrounded by light pink. Unfortunately I do not have a good image of these.

The image below is when I first got them about a year ago and they were still upset from being transferred and in crappy QT conditions. They look a LOT better in person and are fairly quick growers.

[center]
Not great images, they look much better in person. [/center]

I have two frags currently for sale. First frag is 15 polyps on a sm frag rock for $45. Second frag is 7+ polyps on a disc for $35. I have similar corals sell out in no time for $7 a polyp.

[s]BOTH SOLD

[center]
Two more for sale
8+ polyp disc for $20
8+ polyp plug for $20[/center][/s]

Actually prices seem to range from $7 to $15 a polyp!

Compare prices on similar frags:
$80 and ^ for 8 polyps
$35 for 5

ahh you killin me, i cant take any this time maby the next meeting

ive seen em recently and they POP!
if i had room, i’d do it!

ok… u twisted my arm… ill take the small one. bring it to the frag fest???

[quote=“fishguy9, post:5, topic:2171”]
ok… u twisted my arm… ill take the small one. bring it to the frag fest???[/quote]

Sure can.

[quote=“moliken, post:4, topic:2171”]
ive seen em recently and they POP!
if i had room, i’d do it![/quote]
Thanks. They are one of my favorites. I had to hunt all over for these things. Never seen them for sale in a retail store or from any wholesaler. Mostly see them being sold on forums. One online vendor has them, but he is on the west coast and sells out frequently. Not an easy find and I was so happy to get just a couple of polyps about a year ago.

Have to warn anyone buying these I have kept them under pretty low light for a good bit of time.(not intentionally, but bulb replacement time snuck up on me) Putting them under a bright light may shock the, so I would set them low in the tank at first and bring them up higher later.

Both sold.

Jon, let me know next time you have some ready to go if you are willing to ship. Maybe I could work out a trade for some stuff from down here. We each pay shipping each way and everyone is happy :slight_smile:

Sounds good. Should have some ready soon. Shoot me a PM of what you can legally get. I tried another mangrove pod from MACNA and it didn’t make it. I think I have to wait until the weather is warmer here for those. I heard the best way to root them is to put them in a glass of freshwater in the window with just the bottom half under water. Only problem here is the water almost freezes over night and I don’t think mangroves appreciate those temps all that much.

wouldnt it be in window inside home? wont freeze inside jon. oh and my frag is growing out? when will it be ready

I put a mangrove in a glass next to a south facing window and it did not freeze, but was very very cold. Actually still is… and I’ve been pretty sure it’s been dead for weeks now. I should probably throw it away or something…

I have several frags ready, but looking at them earlier today they didn’t look right. May have been that the light was just coming on, not sure. I’ll have to check them out tomorrow.

No wait, if I throw a mangrove away that might be considered garden waste. I better drive my fuel hog SUV over to the yard waste collection facility on the other side of the county.

Ooooor toss it in the woods when no1 is looking???

Or just tip your garbage guys at christmas time so that they dont give two $hits about a little bit of yardwaste that may or may not be in the can ;D

What garbage man is going to actually search through the garbage…

or put it in the neighbors you dont like garbage, on top…

[quote=“logans_daddy, post:14, topic:2171”]
Or just tip your garbage guys at christmas time so that they dont give two $hits about a little bit of yardwaste that may or may not be in the can ;D[/quote]

+1 My preferred method as well.

What garbage man is going to actually search through the garbage....

your still young to the ways of the world grasshopper ;D

my neighbor across the street put out a toilet and vanity with their garbage for 3 or 4 weeks the summer before last, but every week the garbage was taken and the toliet and vanity was left behind. i happen to be tearing down and building a new balcony right about the same time and put a pile of wrecked out decking that must have been at least 300-400lbs total. My garbage guys gladly took it and my neighbor couldnt understand for the life of him understand why they did it. When i told him the “secret” he said a few choice words, borrowed a truck from his friend, and spent gas and dumping fees to take his toilet to the 12th street dump.

Long story short, appreciate your garbage men and others like them or do it yourself ;D

[center]Two more for sale
8+ polyp disc for $20
8+ polyp plug for $20[/center]

I’ll take the disc. YGPM

One sold, one left.