Glass Drilling

I need some help ladies and gents. I have an up and running 75 gallon reef tank that I would like to drill when I do a water change. Can anyone help with that?

What do you mean by that ‘‘I would like to drill when I do a water change’’ can you explain what you are trying to do. I’m sure one of us can help you with it.

You’re not going to want to drill while there is anything in the tank. If you crack it you’re in deep doo doo.

Agreed. If you’re going to drill an active tank, you should have a backup plan if something goes wrong. I’m assuming you will be drilling the back pane? Drilling on a vertical surface is also more of a challenge bc you cant build a dam to trap coolant water. Not impossible just more difficult.

I have done this b4 with tank full, not very hard at all. My only concern is that the tank is tempered.

You mean “if” the tank is tempered right? I think they only temper the bottom pane on most 75g tanks.

for drilling vertical I had built the damn with plumbers putty with a channel in it down to a funnel that went to a bucket of water with a return pump feeding the water up to the damn, worked like a charm.

But you really do need a backup plan as even those that have drilled many time can still run into a snag or imperfection in the glass that causes a crack.