Great Trip to ASR

I love when I can take an unplanned trip up to the candystore…errr…I mean ASR.

Store was packed to the gills with corals as usual, I swear it is the only place I go in to locally that I can say
“has too many options” - which I guess is a problem to have. I was amazed that Mike then tells me that he doesn’t have 1/2 what he had earlier in the week. Apparently I need to stop waiting until Sunday to go to see him.

After looking at every tank 20 times I was able to selet a few pieces I wanted, some of which are pictured below (please excuse the pics, I had to use my phone, my $800 camera is rendered compeltely worthless without a $4 memory card). Friends picked up his first 6 frags to officialy get in to the hobby, and after 4 calls form my wife asking if I was “STILL at Mike’s?” we headed home. Everything opeend right up with nice polyp extension and no issues.

Nice looking corals there Craig. Acan looks like it has some nice colors on it too. What’s that stick looking acro called?

::drool:: Nice looking corals Craig…but I would expect nothing less from ASR. ::drool::

I gotta make another trip up there when I have more then :TWOCENTS in my pocket. :-("

I like that chalice a lot. Bright eyes on a swirly purple/blue backround. Pretty cool

One of these days I’m going to learn to write the names of stuff down. Maybe Mike will chime in and name them for me. I just call it “Bright Green Stick” - he’s got a ton of it in his DT.

The pictures really don’t do any of it justice, the purple chalice is a swirly mix of purples and greens with super bright eyes. It’s supposedly a really fast grower too - which is always an added bonus.

I was there not long ago and it seems we like some of the same stuff. Acan, glow stick acro also in my tank now. I went with an orange chalice though. I love his store!!! He’s cool enough to let me play with the leds to see what they will look like in my tank too. No other store I know of is so cool.