Harlequin Shrimp

At the frag swap, I purchased a harlequin shrimp from Pieces of the Ocean for a great price, thanks Ken.

Usually every night in my tank those little star fish are all over the glass until the day light comes and the lights start turning on, then they are seen all over the rocks. So on Sunday after returning from the frag swap, I carefully placed the shrimp into my tank, and within minutes, like an alarm went off, this is what happened…

It was like the little buggers were yelling, “Get me the hell out of here!”

LOL YahoO ::rofl:: ::thumbsup::

John I got 1 a few weeks ago and I completly agree! I have found 10x more starfish in my filter socks then ever b4! I have been putting them back into my dt to keep it fed

He will eat every single star in your tank. He will climb the glass and pull them from the surface of the water. There is no place they can hide.

His appetite can’t be satisfied. I had one in my 90 and he had to have eaten over 1,000 of those stars in a matter of days. Days, not weeks.

I have had them before and they do an outstanding job. I would really like to sell it to someone else after it has finished removing all the starfish from my tank. In doing so, it will extend the shrimps life and allow it to clean another tank. Maybe the club members can keep it alive by passing it around. Just a thought.

Or buy star fish for it to eat

[quote=“houndsbayman, post:4, topic:8091”]
I have had them before and they do an outstanding job. I would really like to sell it to someone else after it has finished removing all the starfish from my tank. In doing so, it will extend the shrimps life and allow it to clean another tank. Maybe the club members can keep it alive by passing it around. Just a thought.[/quote]

My harly got passed to Chris and Barb after he exhausted my supply. I didn’t feel right about freezing and chopping up a chocolate star.

I don’t think he did well in that tank. There were a few larger fish that saw him as a treat.