Hello to everyone

Been awhile since I have posted on here. Hows everyone and there tanks doing these days? Miss all the events, meeting and everyone

Well hello there! Welcome back :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hos are you

Welcome back. Everyone eventually comes back lol. How is your tank doing?

@JustSumGuy ya lol its doing well I think had a cyano outbreak so I had to get my feeding in check then chemiclean the red slime out still can’t get sps to stay alive for some reason my ph is between 7.3 and 7.5 and I cant get it to change ( I have checked everything have a co2 scrubber and have calabeated my neptune ph probe multiple times)

And I also vant figure out y my calcium never drops below 450 ( currently at 471 and I don’t dose anything and it never changes

Hmmmmm, what is your alk at? If your alk is super low then the calcium won’t really get used since they need somewhat of a balance. I would also check mag.

Your PH is really low and with a co2 scrubber it shouldn’t be that low. Have you been opening any windows near the tank to let some fresh air in? Low PH has never been a issue for me since my tank swings 8.1(night) to 8.8(day). Are you sure you calibrated the probe right? I would get a fresh 7.5 (if I remember right)packet and just dip it in to verify your probe is reading the right ph. If it reads lower then you know what to do. Also when you calibrate ph I believe you need to warm the packets to the tanks temperature. Also make sure you’re not getting a collection of microbubbles inside the probe. Don’t bother with anymore sps til you figure out the issue with calcium and ph.

Alk is between 8.8 and 9 it stays pretty consistent and I have a bunch or calibration packed at home so I can try again and I will post a pic of the probe and see what you think