Holy Sh*t !!!

…Is what I exclaimed , as I walked into the Fish Bowl in Dover last night … There in the show tank I saw they had a Heteractis magnifica (ritteri ) anemone … It was amazing !! and in perfect health…mouth was tightly closed ,standing erect and gently swaying in the current…It hosted 2 nice snowflake clowns…
Sorry for the irrational exuberance, but that is what I get off on in this hobby…When I lived up north -I had several tanks dedicated to keeping anemones/clowns…Had 3 nice magnificas,many RBTA’s & clones…several green BTA’s ,a purple gigantea,2 LTa’s and a blue haddoni…as well as rare clown pairs…
And Fishbowl had other Ritteri’s in the anemone tank in the reef room for sale…
That store has come a long way !!!

oh man no pictures?

If I was to go back there today and take pictures… I might return home without one of my arms…Cause i’d be willing to cut one of 'em off if mike would sell me that magnifica in the display tank…its that nice !!
if u have some time and wanna see a nice nem -take a ride over there, GoTasplinter …

Believe it or not the one you saw in that show tank. Mike had that cut in half (it was maybe 10-12" across when he first got it) and the other half have been sold a long time ago. And that one in the tank has been in there for a long while now. Pretty nice seeing it in there swaying in the current.

Magnifica are the best looking anemones, IMO. The club sponsored a summer trip up to Long Island about 5 years ago to see Atlantis Marine World and their 20,000 gallon reef tank. in the FTS on the upper left corner of the left half, he had some Magnifica about 3-4 feet diameter and tentacles more than a foot long. the clowns hosting in it were big as makarel. You should see them sometime too.

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2007/2/aquarium

It would be nice to have another trip too.

[quote=“reefman66, post:4, topic:7786”]
Believe it or not the one you saw in that show tank. Mike had that cut in half (it was maybe 10-12" across when he first got it) and the other half have been sold a long time ago. And that one in the tank has been in there for a long while now. Pretty nice seeing it in there swaying in the current.[/quote]

WOW ! its a clone/frag besides…how cool is that ! I havent been in the fishbowl for about 6 mos prior to the other day…so I must have missed the parent anemone in the tank.

For some reason I just happened to have a pic of the tank…

IMG_4123.JPG