Ice's 15.5G nano

Hey everyone, thought i should post my tank on here. not much in there now as i just restarted in the hobby after my 20G reef tank cashed but its a good start

Current FTS as of 3/4/14

Tank brake down

Tank, sump and stand:
16” x 16” x 16” Rimless acrylic cube made by Advanced Acrylics.
12” x 12” x 12” Mr. Aqua cube DIY sump
DIY Stand made with 1x2’s and skinned with half-inch ply
Glass-holes Super Nano Overflow (w/ custom external durso) & ½” SCH80 Return

Equipment:
Mag 3 return pump
Koralia 425gph
Cobalt 75W heater
DIY power head (unknown GPH)

Lighting:
DIY, unit max output 165w, duel fan and driver. consisting of 8 x Cool White 12,000k, 6 x Neutral White 7500k ,6 x Warm White 3500k, 2 x Red 660nm, 2 x Green 520nm, 4 x Violet 420nm, 7 x Royal Blue 450nm, 20 x Blue 460nm

Sump brake down:
lighting for the sump is DIY LED light - 2 Cree XRE NW/2 Cree XRE CW, 5 Cree XRE RB with two 1000mA Buckpuck drivers with External Pots on a 5x6” heatsink
about 5-7lbs live rock
​various macro algae
Aqua Remora C nano protein skimmer with upgraded Cobalt FJ-900 pump ( weird i know)

Current intake/stock:
20lbs black sand
13lbs live rock
oca clownfish – Jasper
B&W clown – Midnight
various zoa’s (lots more to come)
GSP
few small mushrooms
pipe organ
pulsing xenia
1 nass snail

Future stocking adds:
more zoas (a lot more)
more live rock
more nass snails
various coral
maybe a royal gramma or a yellow watchman goby

And now for some nice low quality pictures for you’re pleasure!!

Livestock pictures soon to come if people would like to see them

Livestock is the best part

How about pics taken closer?

here is some live stock pictures, i have more zoas and will try to get pics of the clowns when i get unlazy. sorry the camera sucks.

Looks pretty good. Thats a pretty intense light for a nano. I like the look of the black sand, I never used it in my tanks before. I see you’re pretty good at modding stuff too. I’d like to know why the skimmer mod. Not real good stock? Look forward to more pics and updates.

the light right now channel one (whites,violet,green,red) runs about 35% channel two (two blues) runs around 60% but im not liking my shimmer so plan to bump up to a kessil A150

as far as the skimmer it use to run on a 20G sumpless system. so the bigger pump was a good choice but now its in a sump i would like to push as much water through as i can before it pass’s through. stock pump would be ok for sumpless nano tanks with low bioload.

Nice picks. Do you plan to add any LPS or SPS?

What light do you have on it right now?

currently not really known on LPS and SPS. i go back and forth. right now i have my DIY led setup that i listed in the lighting section of my thread. just not liking the little shimmer it puts off

very cool. always thought about setting up a black sand tank, but never got around to it.

cayno blends right in LOL

[quote=“Ice, post:11, topic:7181”]
cayno blends right in LOL[/quote]
Well… I’m sold.

lol tank is in need of a reactor, the stuff i feed my coral is a playing ground for cayno, thats why all my frags are up on racks so they are not really affected.

Nice collection of polyps, very nice indeed.

really need some update pictures, this is only like 25% of my zoas, and thank you!