It's amazing what you see when you clean the glass!

Fooling around with the tank today after Chris came over to get some coral. Cleaned the glass a little and noticed that my tank is on an upswing and getting color back in some of the SPS that were stressed recently. I decided to take some top down shots and some up close shots of some of my favorites.

1 Like

Looking great @Donavon! Where are you keeping your alk and calc these days?

My alk stays at 8 most days
calcium is about 480
mag is 1350 ish
nitrates are less than 5
phosphate is struggling to stay above .01

do have plenty of algea growth in the sump and been feeding a little heavier to keep the nutrients at a detectable level, i actually cut the sump light back a bit to slow down the cheato

I had the opposite issue a couple months ago…

1 Like

Your tank is looking great Donavon. I love that big lobo.

1 Like

Everything is looking really good, you can see that the colors and growth on the SPS are doing well

1 Like

Thanks, that lobo has been one of my favorites since i got it a couple years ago. It was about half that size maybe a little smaller when i got it from A.
It has been through a few ups and downs with the tank but always very forgiving. When it is happy like right now it has nice yellow specs that come out. They don’t always show well in the pictures.
I’m a little afraid to but have been thinking of trying to cut off the smallest polyp along the bottom edge. I would love to grow out a separate colony. To see how it does.

1 Like

I would be afraid also. It would be sad if something happened to that beautiful coral.