January Meeting

Great

The people at ARMCo are really nice and helpful. They have a limited supply of stock but said they can order about anything.

Hello fellow reefers. I am looking forward to the meeting. It will be my first. I have been in the hobby a little over a year. I made the jump after about 10 years with cichlids. I have had my reef up almost 2 years now and came across the forum in one of my menu reef related Google searches.

What do I need to bring for the meeting?

[quote=“DelawareDave, post:23, topic:8945”]
Hello fellow reefers. I am looking forward to the meeting. It will be my first. I have been in the hobby a little over a year. I made the jump after about 10 years with cichlids. I have had my reef up almost 2 years now and came across the forum in one of my menu reef related Google searches.

What do I need to bring for the meeting?[/quote]

Welcome to the club!! We are excited to have you at our meeting!! We have raffles at each meeting. The raffles always includes frags and a golden ticket prize. This month the golden ticket prize is a 20 gal quarantine set up. Raffle tickets are $20 which includes five chances for frags and one chance for the golden ticket prize. Or they can be purchased separately at $5 each for frags and $10 for the golden ticket prize. We also have a premium membership which is $15/yr. That gets you discounts from our sponsors, free admission to our frag swap, our annual bbq, annual Christmas dinner and some times we will have a DIY project that the club will pay for.

I had a great time last night and it was awesome seeing a bunch of new faces! Glad to have you as members!

I’m going to be posting the slides I presented in a separate thread and provide some updates on what we talked about for those of you who couldn’t make it. Congrats to busareef for winning the QT setup!

Also has a good time last night. Good job on the presentation.

yes it was a good meeting

I agree. It was a great meeting. Thanks Adam for the presentation and thanks Karen for running things. Thanks to all others behind the scenes as well! Looking forward to the next meeting!

Guess I miss another good meeting. Good to hear people are showing up for the meeting and not just talking on the forum. The more the merrier.

How do you thank someone?

Top right hand corner of the thread, Matt.

Thanks A! You going to be home anytime soon? It’s nice to hear from you on the forum but we miss you at the meetings. I hope you and your family are doing well!

Thanks to everyone who showed up!! It was good to see some new faces as well!! Thanks Adam for the great presentation!! Looking forward to the next meeting!!!

January Meeting Minutes
[] We welcomed several new members to the club and it was great having them join the meeting.
[
] Adam (TheEngineer) gave a talk about setting up a quarantine tank, quarantine procedures and how to treat fish for Ich and Velvet. Adam’s presentation is attached to this post. The presentation includes links to additional resources for disease identification and treatment.
[] Karen (nerak) provided an update on the state of the club:
[o] Premium Aquatics did not renew their sponsorship for another year. They cited low participation on our forum as the primary reason. Our club is active at in-person events, but activity on the forum has dropped off. Suggestions were made to include new contests, stop allowing posts of Facebook, and encouraging members to update or create a build thread for their tank.
[o] The 6th annual frag swap is scheduled for May 13 at William Penn High School. We already have vendors signing up and we are looking to fill the hall again this year. Last year we had 24 vendors. Unfortunately, only 74 people attended the swap (a drop from previous years). We found out too late that our swap coincided with other annual reef events for clubs in our region. We will coordinate with those clubs this year to avoid the conflict.
[o] We will be ordering customized T-shirts with each member’s screen name and real name printed on the front. All orders will be pre-paid. Watch the forum for more details.
[
] The next meeting will be in Smyrna. We are looking for a volunteer to give a presentation!

Congratulations to busa reef (Dave) for winning the Golden Ticket Raffle Prize, a 20 gallon quarantine setup!

QT Presentation.pdf (811 KB)

busareef.jpg

The meeting and presentation were great. It was nice meeting everyone and I will see you next month.

[quote=“mortyn02, post:32, topic:8945”]
Thanks A! You going to be home anytime soon? It’s nice to hear from you on the forum but we miss you at the meetings. I hope you and your family are doing well![/quote]

Infact I’m on my way now. I’ll be home tomorrow morning and family are doing well, thanks for asking. Planning on stopping by Jason sometime this week and see what he has left for sale, lol.