just need to rant about ebay

I’m just soo disgusted about trying to win a item on ebay, i had picked out 5 items and waited to the last 2 minutes to bid on these items and ended up losing every one of them. Has anyone these had the same thing happen to them?

Sure but you bid to soon. I wait till the last 6 seconds then post my highest bid I’m gonna do if I get it great if not you look for another one like it. Try waiting a little longer and see how ya do…

Good Luck.

They have 3rd party auction software that you can install that will “snipe” auctions for you. You simply put in your max bid and the software will bid for you at the last possible instance. Its impossible to beat someone to the last bid if they have the software. Of course, your max bid still has to be the highest regardless of when you bid.

That’s why I hate auctiuons. I just use the BUY NOW option if i like the price, and forget a dollar or two savings the bid might get. i hate suspense.

suspense is the best part! almost everything else in life is predictable.
another way to do it is to put in your maximum bid early. either win or lose, that’s the max you’ll pay.

[quote=“moliken, post:5, topic:1697”]
another way to do it is to put in your maximum bid early. either win or lose, that’s the max you’ll pay.[/quote]

And that is the key to successful eBaying.

If you were outbid then you weren’t willing to pay what the other guy paid. If you wanted it more and had the money should have put your bid higher. I have used the auction snipper stuff in the past and there are a lot of people who do now.

I don’t ebay too much any more because well I don’t have money $ to spend anywhere. Doesn’t help when you’re obsessed with a hobby and work in the same industry. I am required to stop by LFS frequently for my job.

[quote=“Gordonious, post:7, topic:1697”]
If you were outbid then you weren’t willing to pay what the other guy paid. If you wanted it more and had the money should have put your bid higher. [/quote]

Some of the final prices are insane. Some are even higher then the price of the item new. Those snipper programs should be blocked. I have seen multiple items up for sale and was outbid only to see the same person selling the item again. The sellers use a modified (snipper) program to raise the bid to get to your max. If they go over then they re-list without incurring a cost. SCAM

u always have the option to stop using ebay…
just my 2 pennies

I have… Most everything I want Reef wise I get local/DRC/RC at better prices

I used to be a huge ebayer, but not really worth the time any more. Occasionally I have found rare items on ebay I could find no where else, but not often and I have to be looking for something specific. For every day stuff LFS and reefers in the way to go.

Me Too, Too!

I like my Local Fish Stores as my first choice. I likes to see the stuff first. and some do good on orders, too. Internet stores have worked on maxing out their prices and profits, and are just about there. Besides, you can sometimes do trades with livestock at the LFS’s. if you gots something interesting to trade. I like to think of them as our open “Stock Market” , a place to trade assets , for a fee of course. Everyone pays their broker a commision for trading stocks on the NYSE. So why not LFSs too. the difference is the overhead structure and volume for a specialty product. we all know, reef tanks cost a lot and why. But we can keep some of it in the neighborhood if we choose.

It’s the economy,stupid~~

Besides, local grown is healthier stuff and energy efficient, transport wise too.

Think global, buy local.

Save CO2!