Koi / Goldfish ???

Hi all, I’ve got a question regarding baby Koi and baby goldfish. If what I’ve heard is correct then baby Koi are born black, but to be honest I’m not sure what color baby goldfish are born? I have 2 that where black when they where babies and I was told they were Koi. But well you never know. 

They are free to good home. In the Market place forum.

And how would you tell the difference in the 2 once they are grown.

Thanks Lee

koi and goldfish do have different types of mouths. most goldfish’s mouths are located in the middle of there head (as are most fish) koi are more designed like carp where there mouth is more located on the bottom this prob isnt 100% right but thats just something ive observed at work all goldfish normally have the middle mouth and the koi that ive seen sold have their mouth on bottom but than again havent really looked into different types and all justmy observation!

"If what I’ve heard is correct then baby Koi are born black, " this is untrue
some koi are indeed black, but i’ve had regular koi born in my pond, and none were black. black koi parents won’t even produce all black offspring because the bloodlines have only been around for a few 100 years.

normally the whiskers are the dead giveaway. (not exactly a scientific solution, but true nonetheless!!!)