Kyle's 75G Build

No, I’m on my Macbook at work. They are showing correctly when I preview them

Are the pics from a phone?

Yes, I airdropped them to my computer

That’s what it is. The Mac knows to rotate the image, but the forum doesn’t. Something about the file format on iPhones (possibly Android too) doesn’t include information which says which way is up and they show up upside down or rotated.

Oh well, you can still see it, just turn the computer/phone sideways lOl

I think all my corals look happy! Got them all from Lee and Donavon like I said. This is the first tank I’ve ever kept corals in. I’m already starting to see some growth in the Hollywood Stunner and Birdseye

[quote=“Kyle Mench, post:17, topic:9128”]
.[/quote]

Do you know what acro this is called? Looks kinda like Red Dragon, but the polyp are too close together.

It didn’t show the picture, but the first one on this page.

The one with the green polyps? Donavon (my resident coral expert) said it is Scripps Green Tip Acropora

[quote=“Kyle Mench, post:28, topic:9128”]
The one with the green polyps? Donavon (my resident coral expert) said it is Scripps Green Tip Acropora[/quote]

Yup, should have known. I use to have a large colony of that.

Here are some pictures of my recent additions courtesy of John and Reefman! z<>z

Sorry they’re all sideways John, I couldn’t figure the photobucket thing out for the life of me.

And don’t mind the HA, I’m trying to get it under control, it’s become a slight pain in the last week or two…

Nice stuff!

How about a Full Tank Shot with all the newbies? vertical pics…not side ways, lol.

That’s a tough one. I’ll have to see about taking a sideways picture so maybe it’ll post in a normal direction. lOl

That tank is shaping up, I saw it yesterday, lots of goodies in there. It has some really cool dark blue coraline on one of the rocks, never saw that before

Lol, sideways picture does post normal! I also included a picture where I cleaned up the hot mess of wiring that was sitting on the side of the stand. Bought a nice surge protector and mounted it to the wall inside the cabinet. Mounted all the converter boxes for the lighting and pumps inside the stand too (I may have spilled some water on the light converter box and burned up two of them…) so now everything is nice and tidy from an exterior perspective. And I will have to try really hard to get the converter boxes wet now!

Starting to see some new coral growth!

Quick! FRAG IT! lOl

Hi everyone,

I’ve been annoyed by my nitrates staying around 20 for the past few months… water changes, reduced feedings, I’ve tried several things. I currently have a Bubble Magus Curve 5 skimmer and was thinking about upgrading my skimmer to see if that would help by removing some more DOC before they get the chance to become nitrates. Do you think this would be helpful? I’m also torn between the Vertex 180i or the Skimz SM 163. Any suggestions? Both pull about the same GPH of air and water, the Skimz is a controllable DC pump, but the vertex is well… a vertex.

Water changes won’t do it for nitrate reduction. It’s just not enough water to make a real impact. What do you have in the tank and how much do you feed?