Let's see those frags!!!!

I think it would be pretty cool if the winners of the raffle would show some pics of their new frags in their tanks.

What does everybody think about that?

Ill post a pic up later. My frag of the Xenia is doing well and pulsating. As for now I am scrubbing all the rock in my 20g tank.

I got the purple grape monti I think, but it fell behind the rocks. I can’t get to it till tomorrow so, pic will be up tomorrow.

Just 2 responses,please. There was over ten frags raffled off the other night. Maybe someone can tell us the exact number.

I was at the meeting and there were more frags at this raffle then any other time that I can remember. That means that there were many members who won frags. Come on people, how about getting involved here. It’s not that complicated to take a pic and post it on the website. If you are not sure how to post a pic, there are members who will walk you thru it.
It just seems like the same members always posting on the forums, and I think we have a large number of members who don’t get involved. I myself think by posting pics of the frags that were raffled off at this meeting, just may show the members who don’t come to the meetings, just what they are missing out on.

Any club is only as good as it’s members. ALL of it’s members.

My fishy was IN the frag tank, that counts right?!

Quick iPhone video since all the bobbing up/down/left/right always results in a blurry pick w/o a quick shutter speed.

Tank just has the AquaticLife 0.5w LED strip on since its still early in the am.

Best pic due to “Sushi’s” as he’s been named movement.

And an awesome (to me) button polyp frag that A gave me for giving him a bag of ready-made Base Rock materials. The green center and stripes REALLY pop when just the LED’s are on. Thanks again A!

Nice pics and video Faralon.

really nice shot , Just some guy.

Now that’s what I’m talking about.

Let’s see some others.

Faralon that clown looks amazing in your set up.
It almost looks like he’s hosting that little area, the movement is very similar to my clowns over my torch coral. And it took them well over a year to finally take to it. I’ve seen them host the most odd things tho, a PVC pipe, a cave, mushrooms I guess there is not really a set item they prefer. I also have a smaller 39gal cube set up and am considering doing just two clowns in it. I really liked clownfish sushi’s picasso clowns. Perhaps one of those and a platinum ::thinking:: any way just wanted to say it looks great in ur setup. Good luck with him!!

I’m not going to mount this in the tank because all the corals are going to be moved soon but here is it on the sand bed

Those frags look great. What was the large softie frag that looked like it had eaten a head of lettuce :smiley: ? (aka it had your typical softie base but had really green “fingers”.

Our little frag rack was packed. Many thanks to DPA and all the members that donated frags. The more raffle tickets we buy, the better the cuts of meat Ken brings for the next meeting?? heh

[quote=“Faralon, post:10, topic:5815”]
Those frags look great. What was the large softie frag that looked like it had eaten a head of lettuce :smiley: ? (aka it had your typical softie base but had really green “fingers”.

Our little frag rack was packed. Many thanks to DPA and all the members that donated frags. The more raffle tickets we buy, the better the cuts of meat Ken brings for the next meeting?? heh[/quote]

That was a sinularia leather.

Houndsbayman’s Pink Setosa frag.

Looks great in that spot,good luck with it!!! :BEER

Some really nice looking frags… Makes me want my tank ready for some new frags again …

Congrats to everyone that snagged a frag!

JuMp ThIs

I guess better late than never. Here’s the frags from the meeting.

John (houndsbayman) yellow porite

Ken’s pink milli with white or yellow tip?

This is the one I won with my raffle tickets and I believe it’s an purple grape monti of some sort?

its a purple monti undulatta A. more encrusting than plating. makes a mound. has tiny blue polyps.

[quote=“kaptken, post:16, topic:5815”]
its a purple monti undulatta A. more encrusting than plating. makes a mound. has tiny blue polyps.[/quote]

I’m guessing its one of yours huh Ken. Cool, I like more encrusting than plating.

Nice looking frags A, they should color up real good in your tank.

Thanks John, I hope so.

[quote=“reefman66, post:17, topic:5815”]

[quote=“kaptken, post:16, topic:5815”]
its a purple monti undulatta A. more encrusting than plating. makes a mound. has tiny blue polyps.[/quote]

I’m guessing its one of yours huh Ken. Cool, I like more encrusting than plating.[/quote]

Thats one of his… i had a piece, it grew nicely… mostly downward, kinda like stair steps encrusting on its way down… and mine had small small polyps…