Local Fish Stores

The post about the fish bowl moving reminded me of something I wanted to bring up for a while, but didn’t want to put anything else on the officers plate during the frag swap. If you search for “Local fish store Delaware” the second item that shows up is the clubs “local stores page”. Since this is doing better job of ranking on google then any actual LFS why not give sponsors a chance to advertise on this page. We have the normal banner at the top and I believe we should have all the listings as they are, but why not give LFS a chance to “upgrade” from the basic listing and have their logo featured as well for $XX.XX per year?

A couple of updates that should be made: (and I am sure I am missing some)

East Coast Aquatics(I would leave this there for another year, but remove the link and add a note that it is (“closed)”. Next year remove it.(just my two cents)

The Fish Bowl - (closed during a move to…???) Is it closed?

The Frazer Zoo - Name has changed to “Mike’s Aquarium Specialties & Research”. I would add a note that says “(formerly The Frazer Zoo)” for a year

As of 4/3/12 The Fish Bowl IS open. They said they will be open through Easter and Monday following. Their phone # is 302-674-0544 to confirm hours before showing up to a closed store like I have done before. verdict_in

Because I’m not that cheap to sell advertising space because we rank better on Google. One of the advantages of being a club sponsor is having your name show up on our local stores page.

The Frazier Zoo “paid” forsponsorship for a year. That year has not expired yet therefore I can not rename it based on a new owner changing the name.

Same for the Fish Bowl.

ECA will be removed. Thansk for the Heads up.

[quote=“Cdangel0, post:3, topic:5310”]
The Frazier Zoo “paid” forsponsorship for a year. That year has not expired yet therefore I can not rename it based on a new owner changing the name.[/quote]

So you leave the information out of date because none of the officers have called to renew? I am just guessing/trying to understand. Many of the stores listed in the local stores section have not paid for sponsorship and their information is accurately listed for free…

I don’t think it is “cheap” to ask the stores if they want more advertising. If my company were an LFS we would be willing to put down more $ to stand out. The club can leave the normal listings as free and have premium listings with a logo or their store in bold or whatever if they are willing to pay at little more.

Yeah I guess you have a point, I was thinking more about the banner ads and not the local fish store directory.

Eventually I’ll find time to get everything updated that needs it.