Long time... Big update :)

Hello,
Hope everyone is surviving the storm aftermath, and all is well. Not sure if the storm that rolled through here cracked down there too. On another note got a load of goodies this week. Some highlights…
ORA:
*Blue cespitularia
*Borealis
*Joe the coral
*Purple plasma
*Bird of paradise
*marshall island hammer
And more…

tank cultures SPS:
*STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE
*True Aussie Echinata “sweet”
*Lime in the sky acro “sweet”
*tri-color Prostrata “sweet”
*Dusky Lokani “unique”
*and more…
From this supplier also grabbed some nice rainbow Lobophyllia and more cultured war and reverse prisms

In addition…also brought in the following:
*Midas blenny
*Rainford Gobies
*Yashe Hashe Goby
*Yellow watchman
*Yellow tangs
*Clown Fairy wrasse
*Rhomboid Fairy wrasse male
*Sunset Fairy wrasse male

Inverts…
*emerald crabs
*pom pom crabs
*cleaner shrimp
*fire shrimp
*Harlequin shimp “small”
*Sexy shrimp
*Tiger sand conch
Also got a nice piece of Blue Hornets to work with Wink

Regards,
Mike

OMG! Blue Hornets? Selling any or just growing? Can I sign up on the list? First in line?

Growing out. Sure I will keep you posted :slight_smile: They are looking really nice

Let me know! Sweet looking corals. I heard they were tiny little polyps, is this true?

Jason and I stopped by TFZ last weekend. Mike has some fab. stuff in stock.

[quote=“Gordonious, post:4, topic:3086”]
Let me know! Sweet looking corals. I heard they were tiny little polyps, is this true? [/quote]

No… They are actually pretty standard size.

Mike

That’s cool. I might be stopping by on Monday. Will you be around? Any chance you could let a couple polyps of that one go?

[quote=“Gordonious, post:7, topic:3086”]
That’s cool. I might be stopping by on Monday. Will you be around? Any chance you could let a couple polyps of that one go? [/quote]

I will try to cut some this weekend if I can. If I do I will post it for you.

Mike

Will you be in Monday?

Hey mike, came to the store for the 1st time a couple weeks ago, and you werent there, great selection of frags!
I picked up this acro, was wondering if you can i.d. it for me, any info would be great!

The bottom of the frag with the green and red looks like whats been going around as “red planet” although I don’t take given names seriously, there are many Acropora out there and the structure defines the coral more than the color.

The bottom of the frag with the green and red looks like whats been going around as "red planet" although I don't take given names seriously, there are many Acropora out there and the structure defines the coral more than the color.

its definitely not a red planet. you are completely right about the phsyical structure of the coral being a more accurate indicator for identification although even though even this can vary from specimen to specimen from the same species. paying attention to polyp structure and more importantly the coralite structure seems to be the best method for IDing most SPS corals but even that is guessing at best.

i couldnt disagree more however about not taking the names seriously. while tracking the lineage of LE’s can be a joke most of the time the red planet is an entirely different scenario. these are ORA corals and its less about the LE factor and more about getting a quality aquacultured coral from a quality source. if your buying the coral directly from an ORA distributor on the ORA plug their should be no question regarding lineage.

BTW im sure i told you already but its clearly a millepora. at least thats my opinion…

I remember Shawn, i wasn’t doubting your expertise (even after seeing those oven mitts), i was just looking for a specific name, if its ora or not. I guess it doesnt really matter, but down the road, hopefully fragging it, i’ll know what to call it. either that or just make up some name

no worries and im certainly no expert.

the safest thing to do when selling or trading is to let the pictures do the talking. the other safe bet is just to hold on to your invoice if ordering online. if your buying from a reputable source i think its completely legit to sell your corals as what you bought them as.

where it gets shady is when someone buys a budget frag, thinks it looks like something fancy, and tries to pass it off as such at a premium price to an unsuspecting hobbyist.