Looking for a dog.

We are thinking about getting a dog. I am looking for something small to medium. Good with kids. little to no shedding. Anyone have any ? Please let me know what you have Thanks

I have a few. They are in the freezer and do great with kids!

I bet they like the roll

Morkie. It’s a Maltese Yorkshire terrier mix. Great with kids and won’t get larger than 6-10 pounds and hypo-allergenic. They have hair instead of fur and don’t shed

[quote=“patrickmacbride, post:4, topic:7982”]
Morkie. It’s a Maltese Yorkshire terrier mix. Great with kids and won’t get larger than 6-10 pounds and hypo-allergenic. They have hair instead of fur.[/quote]

[quote=“patrickmacbride, post:4, topic:7982”]
Morkie. It’s a Maltese Yorkshire terrier mix. Great with kids and won’t get larger than 6-10 pounds and hypo-allergenic. They have hair instead of fur.[/quote]

Very cute little dog.

My wife has a Pomeranian, but keeps her hair trimmed, she doesnt shed and seems to love everyone.

[quote=“mortyn02, post:2, topic:7982”]
I have a few. They are in the freezer and do great with kids! [/quote]

LOL you are funny!!! Only interested if they are cheese!!!

I guess I should add that I was curious if anyone was getting rid of a dog ! And no Matt not the ones in your freezer!!!

My sweet old doggie was a terrier/whippet mix. about 32 pounds. very good with kids. I miss her. i found her at the newark SPCA as a pup back in 97.

they seem to mostly have pit bulls lately. which are nice, but bigger. you might try browsing on this site to see if any look good for you. they all need a home.

Pets for Adoption | Petfinder

you put in your zip and browse by breed and distance.

Hope you find your next Best Friend!

Thanks Ken. I did look at all 3 of the spca’s website and they are full of pits. Unfortunately I am not looking for a pit.

Maybe try http://faithfulfriends.us/dogs

That’s a huge pit!

did you play with the PETFINDER site a bit? it has all 265 some dog breeds in the list. but you have to get to breed by distance from your zip. try this put in your zip. enter then select type: DOG .

List of Dog Breeds | Petfinder

how about a JRT ? Jack Russel terriers are small and fun. Labs and Golden Retrievers are sweet and gentle but pretty big. make big dumps. marty and his wife just got a little dachund pup. its really nice and playfull. or any type of terrier. I’m partial to them. they are medium to small, smart and lots of fun.

if you have toddlers, it might be best to find a pup, so they can bond and grow up together. Forever loyal, protective Friends!

yes I have been on petfinder. Its a nice site. I love labs and golden retrievers but I have small children and those dogs get big quick. My 5 yr doesnt like them once they get big. Thats why I am leaning towards something smaller. If the kids were bigger I would definitely being going for a big dog.

Boxers are great dogs, I have never met a mean one ever and they have a tendency to love kids.

Agree with boxers. Not overly large and probably one of the best family dogs out there. I had one and lost her to a heart attack at 6 years old. Best dog we’ve ever had, not the slightest mean streak in her being - well except for squirrels and rabbits. She didn’t care for them too much.